The Student Room Group

UKL Psychology Society (UKL PsychSoc)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Pretty bad... still finishing off revision notes! Argh!
ditto. If anyone needs any extra notes or anything on A2 syllabus just post what you need and i'll type it up onto pc if i'm doing it to. It'll help me revise it as well. I've still not started psychopathology or issues. Starting to panic now
Reply 142
Well I'm most of the way through typing my notes for Module 5. I've done Schizophrenia, Depression and Anxiety Disorders (OCD). Also done approaches. Just got issues left to do. My school only taught the bare minimum, lol, so we only did Issues, not Debates :biggrin:.
Reply 143
cud i have a look at Schizophrenia and Depression notes plz :smile:
bin away from most of lessons n wanna make sure the notes ive managed to make are correct n add ne detail...doin AQA SPec B...No one seems to be on that board! lol feel like such a loner! haha
thanks in advance 4 ne help!!
Reply 144
I'm on Spec A -_-.
I'm on spec A too
Reply 146
Does anyone know what the questions were for Module 5 from Jan 2005? Also, can someone confirm what I'm suspecting (trying to minimise revision :biggrin:). Is question 4 and 5 ALWAYS 2 questions from cultural bias/gender bias/animal ethics/human ethics? It seems so looking at all the past papers on www.aqa.org.uk? If so, then I can just revise 3 topics ^_^. We were never even taught human ethics because we had such a crummy teacher.
Can anyone explain to me reporical determinism, self effiacy and situationalism??? I'm completely stuck!
Reply 148
Urrrrm? Is this module 4? I can remember self-efficacy vaguely, but only for personality development or gender development which ever one it was? If you tell me what specific topic it is I'l be able to help you... probably :biggrin:.
It's for personality development. I'm stressing myself out to extreme at the moment with my not knowing anything. Have almost finished all notes and diagrams tho!!
Reply 150
I know self efficancy in relation to Social Learning theory (Pro and Anti Social behaviour)
I know it as being aware of what you are capable of doing. IE if I see someone run a marathon I know that personally I can't.
Reply 151
From a text book -

Self-Efficacy: Bandura stressed the influence of an individual's perceived abilities on his/her behaviour. This perceived self-effectiveness is called self-efficacy. Someone may believe that an action may produce a positive outcome but lack confidence to perform it. The less confiedent, the less likely to engage in a behaviour.

This is influenced in a number of ways. Successful performance of an action raises efficacy expectations or vice versa. Vicarious experiences of success/failure may also contribute.

Evidence of the effect of direct reinforcement on self-efficacy is apparent in the traning of Russian gymnasts. They are shown videotapes, edited to make thm appear better than they were (Feltz, 1982). Schunk (1983) found that American elementary pupils did better on a maths test when told their friends had done well.
Reply 152
Thanks. That makes it much easier to understand and put into essays now.
My teacher only skimmed over it really because it's not strictly needed and is only there for more depth.
i think the psychsoc needs a symbol!

my suggestion... an action figure of freud in a barbie car (don't ask, my friends saw it and thought of me apparently...)

lou xxx

edit: i've no idea how you get it the right size or anything... but as pig can't add anymore at the mo cos of technical problems we're not in a rush
or an inkblot anyone?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/d/d0/300px-Inkblot.gif

lou xxx

edit: or a picture of freud looking particularly sexy (i'm joking) or just a psychology symbol?
there was a little freud one in the thread somewhere which was ok. But i'm loving the freud in a babrbie car. lol. But minimised you prob wouldnt be able to see it.
Reply 156
Yey, we need a symbol! I think the one of freuds head looks a bit too much like the philosophy symbol though. How about one of the brain or something?

Loving the freud in pink car! :cool:
bohogirlie
Yey, we need a symbol! I think the one of freuds head looks a bit too much like the philosophy symbol though. How about one of the brain or something?

Loving the freud in pink car! :cool:

not just any pink car, a barbie one! i have very strange friends...

anyways, some attractive brains for you all!

lou xxx
Unit 4, aqa A over baby
Reply 159
Ooh Yes :smile: The joy..
God tjhou.. Still got to do more revision for psychopathy and treatments. anyone else hating this Issues and Debates section? We only learnt the gender/culutural Bias, Ethics and Non-human animals stuff. But there is mroe in the textbook... Hmm.

O.o heres a Psych Piccy Idea
Psych Symbol - Scaree..

Boring.. But ya know standard.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending