The Student Room Group

Why do girls like bad guys

Let me make a few things clear.

. I'm aware you can't group the entire male populous into good guys and bad guys
. I'm aware the reason so many "good guys" have shortcomings in dating is because apparently they're boring
. I'm aware the reason so many bad guys get laid alot or get lots of attention is as they're often very confident (or just self absorbed)

But i'm also aware that some girls simply like a man with an edge to him, who might slap her if she get's too mouthy and then have passionate sex afterwards, who's utterly unpredictable and like a loaded gun threatening to shoot at any precise moment.

Lots of girls deny the above, claim they're simply attracted to confidence and that's that.

But theres a reason Levin get's overlooked and Kitty is instead enamoured by Vronsky in Anna Karenina, why Bond got laid so much (he's actually quite a misogynistic ******* but girls still love him) , why serial killers such as Manson have extensive female following and why it's so easy to get laid if you stop caring about girls feelings and just act like a cocky self absorbed *******.

The reality is, we haven't evolved that much past our primitive past.

Discuss

Scroll to see replies

I don't like bad guys, they're arrogant dickheads. Like I said before they're good for a bit of fun, but you wouldn't want to settle down with one lol
Lol @ using Anna Karenina as an example :rofl:
This question always crops up every few months lol

I don't like bad guys, they're bad news. Give me a nice, loving guy any day.
Reply 4
More exciting, don't follow rules, more passionate, don't submit to them, more of a challenge, etc....
those so called "good guys" often expect a girl to fall in love with them purely because they're nice to them.

Imo opinion that's just as bad as the arrogant dickhead who bangs loads of women and treats them like rubbish.
Often (or typically in books and films) girls see 'bad guys' as a kind of project. These girls want to be the one to change these guys.
Reply 7
I like the bad boy look but not the typical ******* personality that accompanies it.
Somone post a pic of a bad and good boy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Someone who seems to be a bad boy, but on the inside he's actually a really soft guy and isn't actually bad at all. That's cute. I kinda like it when guys have trouble easily expressing their feelings, and try doing it in discreet ways. I don't know why lol.

So I like a mixture of the two. If a good guy means he expresses his love so openly then, yeah, I can't be handling that. I'm just terrible at giving/receiving openely romantic gestures.
(edited 8 years ago)
They don't man this is an absolute myth we might find it slightly like exciting to start with but after the fun part no one wants to have much to do with a bad boy or bad person for that matter. Everyone wants to be treated well not like a piece of **** or worse still meat

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Little Popcorns
They don't man this is an absolute myth we might find it slightly like exciting to start with but after the fun part no one wants to have much to do with a bad boy or bad person for that matter. Everyone wants to be treated well notk like a piece of **** or worse still meat

Posted from TSR Mobile

I disagree.

You get men like Chris Brown who beat up his girlfriend, went to prison for it but is still seen as a sex icon and glorified.

Charlie Sheen (and pretty much every serial womanizer ever) ****ed his way through half of vegas despite being admittedly self absorbed and an *******.

The "thug" archetype, who despite being as thick as a block of cheese manages to seduce loads of women and get them pregnant multiple times before fleeing. (See black community in America)

There are countless examples of men in society who are very clearly of dubious morality and in no way whatsoever good boyfriend material, despite this they still do well with women.

Point being, SOME girls simply like being treated like **** and "conquered"
Original post by LauraMayden1
Someone who seems to be a bad boy, but on the inside he's actually a really soft guy and isn't actually bad at all. That's cute. I kinda like it when guys have trouble easily expressing their feelings, and try doing it in discreet ways. I don't know why lol.

So I like a mixture of the two. If a good guy means he expresses his love so openly then, yeah, I can't be handling that. I'm just terrible at giving/receiving openely romantic gestures.

What are you, like 15 ?

Your post pretty much reads as: if a man is in touch with his emotions he's unattractive to me, I'd much prefer an emotionally uunavailable and insecure **** who needs to act like an ******* to feel masculine, the latter probably has a few screws loose too.

You'll learn from this soon enough.
Claiming the whole entirety of one gender is attracted to one thing always entertains me...
There's a rage comic that describes this sort of thing, gotta try find it.
Original post by Anonymous
Let me make a few things clear.

. I'm aware you can't group the entire male populous into good guys and bad guys
. I'm aware the reason so many "good guys" have shortcomings in dating is because apparently they're boring
. I'm aware the reason so many bad guys get laid alot or get lots of attention is as they're often very confident (or just self absorbed)

But i'm also aware that some girls simply like a man with an edge to him, who might slap her if she get's too mouthy and then have passionate sex afterwards, who's utterly unpredictable and like a loaded gun threatening to shoot at any precise moment.

Lots of girls deny the above, claim they're simply attracted to confidence and that's that.

But theres a reason Levin get's overlooked and Kitty is instead enamoured by Vronsky in Anna Karenina, why Bond got laid so much (he's actually quite a misogynistic ******* but girls still love him) , why serial killers such as Manson have extensive female following and why it's so easy to get laid if you stop caring about girls feelings and just act like a cocky self absorbed *******.

The reality is, we haven't evolved that much past our primitive past.

Discuss

I think it may be because bad guys tend to be more confident than good guys and so are more likely to approach the girl, which many girls like, and since the good guys don't tend to approach the girls, they go out with bad guy since the good guy didn't show their interest in the girl.
Original post by asmuse123
I think it may be because bad guys tend to be more confident than good guys and so are more likely to approach the girl, which many girls like, and since the good guys don't tend to approach the girls, they go out with bad guy since the good guy didn't show their interest in the girl.

Just because I didn't walk up to the girl doesn't mean I'm not interested :redface:
Original post by Imperion
Just because I didn't walk up to the girl doesn't mean I'm not interested :redface:

I know, but some girls want the guy to approach her, rather than the other way round.
All you girls are HOES for rejecting good people
Funny thing is they're quick to winge when the guy treats them like crap :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending