The Student Room Group

Cheerleading at Chester

Hey everyone,

Just wondering if anyone knows anything about cheerleading at chester uni?

I'd really like to do it but just wondering how much commitment there is a week etc?

Hi! :smile: You can find more information (including a training schedule) about our Cheerleading team, the Chester Vixens at http://www.chestersu.com/cheerleading/

We've contacted them to see if they can reply and give you a bit more information. :biggrin:
Hiya I'm one of the captains for next years teams, we have 3 teams at the uni, one team supports our men's basketball and attend their competition games. The other 2 teams are competiton squads, Cheer and Pom, both of these teams have try outs which are really fun! Each team trains at least once a week so depending on how many teams you want to be a part of will depend of how many practices you have 😊if you attend the Sports and Societies Fair during freshers you will find out all the info you need for tryout dates, hope this helps xx
Reply 3
Hiya,

Thanks for that. I guess I'll see you at freshers week then. I've never done cheerleading before but really want to do this! 😃
Hi Colette
It's great to hear that you are interested in joining the Vixens next year!! We are an enthusiastic bunch of girls that are so excited to have more Vixens joining.
We will be holding try outs in October and Freshers will receive more info about this in Freshers week during the society fair!

We have 3 teams.
- Comp Team
- Pom Team
- The basketball Cheer team

Each team has one practice each week for 2 hours in the evening which are compulsory as part of the team as we are very serious and commited to our sport,
and there will also be other fitness sessions available for anyone wanting to improve.

I hope this helps and we look forward to seeing you in October.

Regards
Chester Vixens Captain Emma

Quick Reply

Latest