The Student Room Group

What is the best city you have visited?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Ruthless Dutchman
Maybe it's not? Maybe it's Stockholm Syndrome?

Haha no I haven't even listened to that song but I like a Swedish boyband :smile:
Reply 41
Original post by mazzu
Haha no I haven't even listened to that song but I like a Swedish boyband :smile:

It wasn't a song :') Who's this Swedish boyband?
Original post by ScottishShortiex
I just love everything about it. There's a great atmosphere, it's a lovely city with lots to see, friendly people, good street musicians/buskers and the nightlife is super, particularly Temple Bar.

Dubs? Friendly? Bleeding heck you lucked out, most dubs are as bad mannered and ignorant as people who live in Birmingham (which is a hole). Lots to see, yeah i give you that. Lovely? Frak no, its a dump.

You want atmosphere, great people, great food, great nightlife - go to Galway aside from the tourist spots beats dublin hands down.

Original post by Paraphilos
I've had the privilege of visiting Beijing and that was truly extraordinary (and fortunately I'm going to study there in the forthcoming academic year).

Beijing is on my to do list at some point in the future.

Original post by brittanna
Probably Solitude tbh

Whiterun has its own chams, But the Blue Palace is just fantastic and Proudspire manor.

London is ok in very small doses, couldnt spend more than a weekend there. The people are just too horrible

I love Bangkok, its just awesome, love the Khaosan road and Siam.
Reply 43
Original post by Ruthless Dutchman
It wasn't a song :':wink: Who's this Swedish boyband?

I thought it was a song from One Direction :'D The Fooo Conspiracy <3
Oh man, there are some cities which can be mentioned by myself. In terms of enthusiasm its Frankfurt on the main in Germany without a doubt. Never seen such big skyscrapers before. It was a fantastic moment! :smile:
I haven't been to many cities but I went to Paris this year and it was stunning!

Loved it because it was really cultural, there was plenty to do and everyone was really helpful and polite to us :smile:.

Not to mention Disneyland Paris which is aaaaawesome!
Original post by DanielleT192
I haven't been to many cities but I went to Paris this year and it was stunning!

Loved it because it was really cultural, there was plenty to do and everyone was really helpful and polite to us :smile:.

Not to mention Disneyland Paris which is aaaaawesome!

:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:
Geneva- Literally the cleanest place on the earth and it's drop dead beautiful with the mountains in the backdrop. Only downside is the expense (bought a mcdonalds meal for the equivalent of £18)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 48
in england, i like manchester the most. would definitely live there permanently.

out of everywhere i've been, probably san fran or san diego.
Lisbon (Portugal).
The people there are so warm and friendly. They treat you equally and smile at you. Plus, the public transport didn't smell bad even if it was like 36 degrees Celsius.
London, Paris, Cape Town and Beirut
Original post by Jibola240
:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

😯 it's true
Original post by Summit
(...)
Germany:
-Berlin
-Munich
-Dresden
(...)

Been in Germany so far but not in Hamburg? that is a shame! shame on you! ...:tongue: seriously, an awesome city which you should visit from time to time.
Original post by silverbolt
Dubs? Friendly? Bleeding heck you lucked out, most dubs are as bad mannered and ignorant as people who live in Birmingham (which is a hole). Lots to see, yeah i give you that. Lovely? Frak no, its a dump.

You want atmosphere, great people, great food, great nightlife - go to Galway aside from the tourist spots beats dublin hands down.

Yeah I've always found them to be really nice and friendly. Funny you should say that, some Irish people I met last night also recommended Galway over Dublin. It is definitely somewhere I want to see :smile:
London
What nationality are you?
Original post by Bill_Gates
Out of them yeah definitely lol. You've missed New York, HK, San Francisco, Vegas, Toronto, Vancouver, Singapore to name a few.
Yeah I've always found them to be really nice and friendly. Funny you should say that, some Irish people I met last night also recommended Galway over Dublin. It is definitely somewhere I want to see :smile:

Galway is awesome, it reminds me of London in that there is something for everyone but on a much smaller scale
Original post by silverbolt
Galway is awesome, it reminds me of London in that there is something for everyone but on a much smaller scale

Is Galway difficult to get to?
Probably either Montepulciano (not really a city though) or Jerusalem.
Is Galway difficult to get to?

Nope. From Dublin take the M50 and its pretty much a straight route the whole way there.

If your not driving, busses and trains go there as well. For the bus your best bet is the X20 has three stops Dublin airport, Athlone and Galway

Quick Reply

Latest