The Student Room Group

Baby Face :(

A few days ago, a few mates were talking about getting served at off-lisences' when someone looked at me and said ''Man! He can easily get served. You can grow like an inch of stubble in a day. But you have a baby face.''

Well, I am 16 (just turned), pretty much finished puberty (wont grow taller etc), and can easily grow facial hair. But I have been told that I have a 'baby face'.

I am not fat (BMI around 20), but I have a fair bit of facial fat, and a small double chin. Could that be the reason?

When does the face develop? Am I stuck with a baby face for ever :P or can I take some actions?
Reply 1
no replies? :frown:
Reply 2
Anonymous
no replies? :frown:

Id say about half of women if not most like guys with a baby face so your face isn't the problem the fact that you don't like it is. If you can grow facial hair you have no problem whatsoever girls will love it.
Reply 3
be grateful when your 60 you will look younger
im nearly 21 and sometimes get mistaken for 14yr old :biggrin: its annoying but you will get used to it
Reply 4
not so good the other way. :frown:
Im 20 although some smart arse told me they thought I was 35. :frown:
Reply 5
When you have a baby face and aren't legal for certain things, it may seem like a disadvantage but it certainly won't be as you get older :biggrin:
Reply 6
So I am stuck with this forever? :frown:

Does loosing weight help at all? My face is chubby ffs :|

I dont want a brick shaped face, but a more defined one would be nice :P
Reply 7
How do you define a baby face? (Please don't reply with 'face like a baby')
Reply 8
Your face will probably continue to change as you grow older (don't you stop growing only at 21?) so don't worry quite yet! I assume if you lost enough fat, you would eventually lose it from your face as well, but I'm just guessing.

Sorry, that didn't really help, but try not to get too obssessed with your face!
I don't see what the problem is. I've been told by 2 mates that I have a baby face, and therefore I should (and do) grow stubble (although mine is a bit freaky to be called stubble). It doesn't bother me and, as has rightly been pointed out, will serve me well in later life when I can look younger than my years. As long as I don't turn out like Solskjaer.
Lose weight fatty, that will definately help.
Reply 11
So does your face look kinda like a deflated whoopy cusion? Man that IS NOT COOOOL
Reply 12
It isn't necessarily a bad thing to be babyfaced.. It generally means you have quite big/wide set eyes and quite an unangular face. I'm v.babyfaced (the tesco woman thought i was 12 and I'm nearly 18! :frown: - and 6'!) but I'm a girl so maybe it's worse if you're a guy. If you've finished puberty I don't think your face will change much more - the big changes happen early on when testosterone first hits.

I did read somewhere that people who are 'babyfaced' are less likely to be thought of as competent though, based on first impressions. I think that was something of a quack study though.
CharleeB

I did read somewhere that people who are 'babyfaced' are less likely to be thought of as competent though, based on first impressions. I think that was something of a quack study though.

You might be referring a BBC article that said that research had proved that people don't trust those with smooth/babyfaces... which explains why people put more leadership faith in those who are rugged, stubbled, scarred, or otherwise don't have a good looking face, as it's presumed from their demeanour that they have experience in decision making. I do have to say that that is entirely unfair though - I know some "babyfaced" people who are some of the most trustworthy people I know.
Reply 14
Crimson Black
You might be referring a BBC article that said that research had proved that people don't trust those with smooth/babyfaces... which explains why people put more leadership faith in those who are rugged, stubbled, scarred, or otherwise don't have a good looking face, as it's presumed from their demeanour that they have experience in decision making. I do have to say that that is entirely unfair though - I know some "babyfaced" people who are some of the most trustworthy people I know.

really? i hear the opposite the true. Young looking/babyfaced are statistically likely to be 'not guilty' then manly featured people. I think BBC got the facts wrong, maybe people assume babyfaced people are not 'leader' material because they're not 'manly' or whatever that is. I know for a fact that as someone who looks 15/16 (im 18) chavs may single me out first instead of my other friends, they get a nasty shock when I bite back. A sad world this is, people think babyfaced individuals are wimps but this is no way true.
Reply 15
Could someone actually properly clarify for me what a baby-face would be considered to look like?
Reply 16
Jeremy
really? i hear the opposite the true. Young looking/babyfaced are statistically likely to be 'not guilty' then manly featured people. I think BBC got the facts wrong, maybe people assume babyfaced people are not 'leader' material because they're not 'manly' or whatever that is. I know for a fact that as someone who looks 15/16 (im 18) chavs may single me out first instead of my other friends, they get a nasty shock when I bite back. A sad world this is, people think babyfaced individuals are wimps but this is no way true.

People perceive babyfaced people to be less competent although they also associate it with honesty. This is the subconcious assumptions not statistical facts though lol

I would say babyfaced means having large eyes, small nose/mouth, unangular/quite a round face... generally the features you'd associate with a child. If you google it there's an article on the study we're referring to (done at Princeton I think) and there's a definition of how they definied it. 'Tis basically what i said though.
Reply 17
Dude, Solskjaer's a ****ing legend.
Reply 18
CharleeB

I would say babyfaced means having large eyes, small nose/mouth, unangular/quite a round face... generally the features you'd associate with a child. If you google it there's an article on the study we're referring to (done at Princeton I think) and there's a definition of how they definied it. 'Tis basically what i said though.

oooook :|

I have rather small eyes, have a normal to big sized nose, normal sized lips, but yeh, I do have a unangular face.

So basically, if I loose weight, and my facial bones become more visible, I would look older? I mean the bone under my chin (bottom of jawbone) is straight (or does that make no difference... :P)

Latest

Trending

Trending