The Student Room Group

Should the UK be doing more for cyclists?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cadherin
No, they have enough. And they're a pain in the arse for drivers - jumping lights and weaving through traffic. No wonder so many of them get themselves killed.

Boy, are you stupid. The entire reason cyclists are a "pain in the arse" is because they don't have enough.

"They get in the way because most roads don't leave enough space for both cars and bikes to travel unhindered by each other, they totally have enough already." /s
Original post by Cadherin
No, they have enough. And they're a pain in the arse for drivers - jumping lights and weaving through traffic. No wonder so many of them get themselves killed.

I can't disagree that there are unsafe and irresponsible cyclists out on the roads in the UK, but your complaint seems to be predicated on the notion that drivers are superior - it appears you think cyclists should only be allowed access to the roads if it causes little or no disruption for the mighty motorist. To which I say: bunkum.

I'll also go further and make the opposing argument: drivers have more than enough facilities, and (some) are a pain in the arse for cyclists (and a small minority are outright menaces). N.b. I've also taken the trouble to not make sweeping generalisations and point the finger at all motorists (unlike you with your accusations about cyclists).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending