The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sr90
They've been playing 352 in pre Season

Posted from TSR Mobile

AH right. I will take him out then

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think I'm going to have my first good look at players today.

In the mean time - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33713208
Reply 342
Original post by TheMagicRat
I think I'm going to have my first good look at players today.

In the mean time - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33713208

Ah, cool, Atletico Marchid I think was his team name wasn't it? Thanks for the link :biggrin:
Capture.PNG

Can't decide if I should tinker some more or if I'm happy with this.
Reply 344
Original post by Zerforax
Capture.PNG

No Chelsea midfield/forward?

Also Atsu isn't going to get alot of games. Would consider switching him and Lens for someone like Puncheon/ Ritchie/ Ki
Original post by SirMasterKey
FPL

Hi,

May I join?

Team Name: UnitedsNightKnighs

My current team:

FPL.png

Any suggestions for a newbie?
Original post by kuks
No Chelsea midfield/forward?

Also Atsu isn't going to get alot of games. Would consider switching him and Lens for someone like Puncheon/ Ritchie/ Ki

Costa doesn't seem like he'll be fully fit for the start of the season and I don't really like Chelsea's opening fixtures. I'll probably bring in one or two Chelsea attackers in my wildcard after the Chelsea/Arsenal game.

Crystal Palace play 4 top sides in their starting 6 games so avoid I'll avoid Puncheon. Was tempted by Cabaye to start with.

I think Lens will have a good start to the season. Don't have that extra 0.5mil to upgrade Atsu to Ritchie and he's my 5th choice midfield player who probably won't even play.
Capture.PNG

So I guess you're hoping for the United match to end 4-4 then? :wink:

A little surprised about the lack of Chelsea, although I guess an early wildcard is your friend :smile:
Overall, you seem to have made a decent defence by spending very little on it which looks good:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Lúcio
So I guess you're hoping for the United match to end 4-4 then? :wink:

A little surprised about the lack of Chelsea, although I guess an early wildcard is your friend :smile:
Overall, you seem to have made a decent defence by spending very little on it which looks good:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yea hoping for an open scoring game :colondollar:

Costa seems a big risk since he doesn't seem to be fully fit and Mourinho will take him off after 60-80 mins whenever the game is out of reach. Hazard is too expensive. I guess I could upgrade Depay to Fabregas but he tailed off so badly the 2nd half of last season..

Costa seems a big risk since he doesn't seem to be fully fit and Mourinho will take him off after 60-80 mins whenever the game is out of reach. Hazard is too expensive. I guess I could upgrade Depay to Fabregas but he tailed off so badly the 2nd half of last season..

With Kane jumping up so dramatically in price, i didn't want to take the risk on him just in case it was a one season wonder.
I don't think it is honestly, but i have hope that Benteke will do okay for us so he's leading the line with Rooney :tongue:

Not having Hazard could hurt you really badly though - most people will own him, many will captain him and he always seems to get a lot of points (not to mention he takes penalties).
I feel like aside from Aguero, not having Hazard in your team is the riskiest decision out of all possible players.
No pressure then... :biggrin:

That's fabregas for you though. He starts seasons strongly historically. He will prove his value at the start of the season like he did last season IMO.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hazard+Sterling, or Fabregas+Silva?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lúcio
With Kane jumping up so dramatically in price, i didn't want to take the risk on him just in case it was a one season wonder.
I don't think it is honestly, but i have hope that Benteke will do okay for us so he's leading the line with Rooney :tongue:

Not having Hazard could hurt you really badly though - most people will own him, many will captain him and he always seems to get a lot of points (not to mention he takes penalties).
I feel like aside from Aguero, not having Hazard in your team is the riskiest decision out of all possible players.
No pressure then... :biggrin:

Well they base the price on points/performances from the year before hence the increase. Spurs have an easy start for me so it makes sense.

I'll draft in Hazard/Costa after 4-5 weeks - that's the plan anyway.

Original post by Gob Bluth
That's fabregas for you though. He starts seasons strongly historically. He will prove his value at the start of the season like he did last season IMO.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Will have to have another think about Fabregas over Depay.. I don't think Fabregas does well against the big teams or when there is a lot of pressure on him which is how the starting fixtures look like for Chelsea.
Reply 353
Original post by Lúcio

I really can't make a decision regarding Kane, last season people were making him out to be the next big thing (understandably), someone even called him the next Shearer lol, yet there seems to be quite a wide consensus that he is going to be the next one season wonder which is really making me doubt having him certainly. (Still can't get over the fact I paid 5.0m for him :lol: )

I have a feeling he could be the real deal and that last season wasn't just a one time thing and it looks like Spurs may have to heavily rely on him this season again, though I'm still leaning towards Benteke at 1.0m less anyway, I can see him hitting 20+ goals potentially, just waiting to see whether he's 100% starting on Sunday.
Reply 354
Original post by aasvogel
Hazard+Sterling, or Fabregas+Silva?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd personally go for Hazard+ Sterling, though it's a tough one, Fab+Silva may be the safer bet not knowing how Sterling will do at City, but like said a few posts ago, you probably can't afford to not have Haz.
Reply 355
Oh and question, have you guys figured out how you're getting in Sanchez and/or Aguero when they return? Wildcard?
Thanhinator
Original post by Olie
Oh and question, have you guys figured out how you're getting in Sanchez and/or Aguero when they return? Wildcard?

No. The sensible way. Save a transfer.
Capture.PNG

No Hazard?
Original post by SirMasterKey
No Hazard?

Was thinking I'd draft in Costa or Hazard after GW6.

Latest