The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Just got on board the Tadic bandwagon. Surprised I was able to afford him
Wildcard played... Just quickly penciled in a team now to preempt the price changes and will have a proper look in a couple of weeks time.

Romero McCarthy
Shaw Kolarov Targett Francis Gomez
Pedro Silva Tadic Redmond Ayew
Wilson Gomis Aguero

Targett probably doesn't have long left does he? Midfield is pure bandwagon so not sure how I feel about that either.
Original post by scriggy
Wildcard played... Just quickly penciled in a team now to preempt the price changes and will have a proper look in a couple of weeks time.

Romero McCarthy
Shaw Kolarov Targett Francis Gomez
Pedro Silva Tadic Redmond Ayew
Wilson Gomis Aguero

Targett probably doesn't have long left does he? Midfield is pure bandwagon so not sure how I feel about that either.

Don't think Romero will be united first choice once the transfer window closes. So i would take him off for someone else
Reply 1723
Original post by Seabear11
Don't think Romero will be united first choice once the transfer window closes. So i would take him off for someone else

Yeah, looks like Keylor Navas may be coming the other way in the De Gea transfer and I imagine he'd be 5.5m if he's anticipated to be the first choice. Have Romero in WC squad as well at the moment, but will probably swap to Myhill if Navas comes. Although even Myhill might not be nailed on after tomorrow, Lindegaard is rumoured to be going to West Brom.
KDB for £10m
Original post by mr tim
KDB for £10m

Hmmmm I dunno to be honest.

That means it's basically a toss up between him and Silva, who is already major and consistent performer for City.

If he were a little less I think he'd be worth going for but I can't see why you'd take him over Silva.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1726
Original post by mr tim
KDB for £10m

As I thought considering his 30 goals and assists last season, if he had been 9.5m I would have at least considered him over Silva, but at only 0.1m cheaper, best to go for the proven man in the PL who is surely guaranteed at least 20 goals and assists this season. I'm sure KDB will do well in the PL, but best to watch and wait I think before paying that kind of money.
Original post by Olie
As I thought considering his 30 goals and assists last season, if he had been 9.5m I would have at least considered him over Silva, but at only 0.1m cheaper, best to go for the proven man in the PL who is surely guaranteed at least 20 goals and assists this season. I'm sure KDB will do well in the PL, but best to watch and wait I think before paying that kind of money.

Completely agree.

KDB is a great talent but we don't know how he'll cope in the PL and we don't know how involved he'll be in a team where he isn't clearly the main man.

Silva has proven he can score and assist exceptionally in a league as competitive as this, so he's clearly the logical choice at a very similar price.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Was taking a look at player prices and it looks like Sakho has dropped to 4.8m
When Rodgers eventually sees sense and drops Lovren, that's a very good price for a very good defender.

Also, who is "It doesn't Mata"?
We both have 4 wins out of 4 in H2H and we're facing each other in the next GW.
Interesting...
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Lúcio
Was taking a look at player prices and it looks like Sakho has dropped to 4.8m
When Rodgers eventually sees sense and drops Lovren, that's a very good price for a very good defender.

Also, who is "It doesn't Mata"?
We both have 4 wins out of 4 in H2H and we're facing each other in the next GW.
Interesting...

Moi
Anthony Martial, who to replace him with? :awesome:
Original post by Undisclosed 15
Moi

One of us will have our first loss, you ready? :wink:
Unless there's an unlikely scenario of a draw :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lúcio
One of us will have our first loss, you ready? :wink:
Unless there's an unlikely scenario of a draw :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

More than ready. Won extremely convincingly last week while you scraped through your match. And your a Liverpool fan. Should be an easy win ;p

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Undisclosed 15
More than ready. Won extremely convincingly last week while you scraped through your match. And your a Liverpool fan. Should be an easy win ;p

Posted from TSR Mobile

We both know that a win is a win regardless of by how much :tongue:

Unfortunately for you i just wildcarded though - no deadwood left in my squad :wink:
Don't worry, i won't be using any of my chips, not until there's a DGW later in the season.
In any case, respect to you for doing very well so far, hope for a good match up :smile:
Original post by UnWise
Anthony Martial, who to replace him with? :awesome:

You have some balls going for him already, especially with our fixtures.
Funny how I've won one and lost three head to heads so far and yet I'm 4th out of 82 in the overall tsr league table, been matched with people getting very good scores every week haha

Edit: and I have the third most number of points in my h2h league :lol:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by sr90
You have some balls going for him already, especially with our fixtures.

Gut feeling is he's gonna tear the league up!
Original post by Stevo F
Funny how I've won one and lost three head to heads so far and yet I'm 4th out of 82 in the overall tsr league table, been matched with people getting very good scores every week haha

Edit: and I have the third most number of points in my h2h league :lol:

This made me check my H2H position for the first time all season. I'm 17th out of 22 in terms of overall points, and I'm 2nd in the league after winning every game :coma:
Original post by UnWise
Gut feeling is he's gonna tear the league up!

Lol I doubt that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by qwerty_mad
Lol I doubt that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Could be the next Harry Kane, who knows.

Latest