The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Maybe you're only feeling sad because you feel left out.. not that you particularly want to have sex.
Reply 21
Am I the only personwho thought skins was a bit ****ty? It's fine to be a virgin blah blah blah. And if worse comes to worst, perhaps a fund can be set up on TSR to buy you a blow up doll.
there are many people older than 18 who are virgins... its actually quite respected and not seen as sad... waiting for the right time is best.
I'm 17, and I find it difficult to tear myself away from all the rough sex I have in order to complete this message
I'm 19 and a virgin. I couldn't care less to be honest, though if I was actively trying to get laid then I probably would care.

I never watched Skins. From the adverts it looked like the same teen drama ****e that I try to avoid in real life.
You are only 18. This is perfectly normal and not the end of the world. You will get laid one day, don't worry.
Reply 26
People in this thread will go on about how its so normal, but most people you talk to and meet in real life will think its a little odd. I do.
Reply 27
1.not alone
2. very normal
3. people who pressure you are *****
4. smile
to the OP, don't listen to all the people saying they are virgins, they're not virgins, they're just trying to make you feel better. I'm sorry, but someone had to tell you.
Reply 29
If you don't use it by the time you turn 18, you'll never use it. Skins should become part of sex education lessons in school, if only to prevent people whining about it on these forums. Get laid, or don't, just stop whinging.
My two best friends at uni (who are both 19 and in longterm relationships) are virgins. They probably will sleep with their current boyfriends, they just wanted to wait for the right person. There's no shame in it at all, casual sex and starting early isn't for everyone and you should only do what makes you happy. Don't throw away your virginity just for the sake of it, you'll only regret it.
Don't listen to the haters. Plenty of famous people lived their whole lives as virgins, including Hans Christian Anderson, Isaac Newton and Kenneth Williams.
Reply 32
Anonymous
Don't listen to the haters. Plenty of famous people lived their whole lives as virgins, including Hans Christian Anderson, Isaac Newton and Kenneth Williams.

:rofl: Some incredibly appropriate and topical suggestions there. Don't worry guys, if you don't get laid, at least you'll be like Kenneth Williams(!)
Reply 33
I did consider adding Anne Frank and the Elephant Man to the list.
Reply 34
I see nothing wrong with it, my boyfriend waited till he was 19 and I came along :biggrin: Seriously, though, I think it's actually if anything, a really good thing to wait, it means more when you do finally do it, PLUS it shows restraint and respect for yourself...anyone could go out to a club on a friday night and get laid.
Reply 35
i had sex when i was 14, only twice, i was in a serious relationship for almost two years..but i know a fair few of you will be frowning upon this.. when i broke up with the guy about 6 months later, i wished i hadnt had sex with him because i realised our relationship wasnt all i thought it was..i have had had sex with one other person since then about 3 times a week, we were together for about 7 months, it was my best friend and we were completely in love with each other. He left me 4 months ago because he didnt feel the same way anymore (biut ****ty) but we are still friends. the thing is, the only reason im not still a virgin is because iv been in love with ppl, and i wouldnt just have a one night stand, i think it would b better to b a virgin than to be a slag basically.... so its nothing to get strung up about really... either u are or your not... but fine someone u love and who loves u back first.... thats just my opinion anyways.
I lost my virginity in Dec and I really regret it now. I think I did it more to please my bf cuz he kept asking about it rather than because I really wanted to do it and believe it or not I am usually a strong-willed person. I really really really wish I hadn't done it and I'm 18! ..It's better to rush into things and regret them like I do
Reply 37
virginity is only realy a big deal to virgins. theres no secret club you get to join once you have sex. youre not sad at all for still being one. search around this forum and youll find alot of threads with people older thanyourself making simerlar threds. when you want it to happen and are ready for it to happen, it will.
just dont think youve got to be having sex because everyone around you is. (theyre probably not anyway :p:)
If you don't use it by the time you turn 18, you'll never use it.

So exactly when is appropiate?
dh00001
theres no secret club you get to join once you have sex.

Of course there is, why else would she have asked for a £100 entrance fee after losing my virginity? Wait a minute...

Latest

Trending

Trending