The Student Room Group

How much can you bench?

Weigh: 78kg
Bench: 75kg (two consecutive reps of about 3 sets)

Although 75kg isn't my 1 rep max, I can't do 80kg, so my 1RM somewhere between 75 and 80. I'm quite embarrassed by these stats so I made a new account to post the thread because my main account won't let me post anonymously.

I'm interested in finding out how much others can bench, how much you weigh and how old you are.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
92kg
140 for 6 reps
Can bench 100kg for reps. My pushing strength is embarrassing compared to my pulling strength, silly that I can dumbbell curl not far off as much as I can dumbbell bench :lol:
Original post by Zuki
92kg
140 for 6 reps

What the ****

Posted from TSR Mobile
19yrs old
40kg 4 sets 8reps
can guarantee most guys here chatting breeze
Reply 6
Original post by The_Blade

Tbh..it's been more 120ish these last few weeks :frown:
Reply 7
Original post by KittyRe-play
can guarantee most guys here chatting breeze

Lol, with years of lifting, heavy weight is pretty achievable... it's just consistency
Original post by Zuki
Tbh..it's been more 120ish these last few weeks :frown:

Because Ramadan?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by The_Blade
Because Ramadan?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lmao everyone assumes I'm Asian... nah just becuase I haven't been consistent with calories so I've lost some strength..
I dunno :biggrin: I have never benched before in my life.

But I can floor press 90kg 1RM and deadlift 140kg. So, what would i be able to bench?
Around 40-50 kg :frown:
Reply 12
Do people include the weight of the bar?
Original post by zigglr
Do people include the weight of the bar?

Bar has mass..

Posted from TSR Mobile

[SIZE="1"]Posted from TSR Mobile[/SIZE
74kg (weight)
50-55kg for 8-12 reps

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Lifting around body weight at 16 is actually all right, you can't have been lifting long and your hormone levels might not be ideal yet. BW is generly considered the standard of 'not weak'

I'm 24, all time PB of 107.5 at 74 then got injured and lost weight, I'd guess right now in the region of 95 at 68
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 17
Original post by TorpidPhil
I dunno :biggrin: I have never benched before in my life.

But I can floor press 90kg 1RM and deadlift 140kg. So, what would i be able to bench?

Impossible to say

Your deadlift has nothing to do with it. Floor press more so but probably much less because you'll be weak in that bit of the movement at the bottom that you can't train with floor press. But maybe something else in your training balances it out a bit.
age 18
weight 79kg ~
40kg for 3 sets of 8
:frown:
Only just started benching after a month of no bench
Original post by Zuki
Lol, with years of lifting, heavy weight is pretty achievable... it's just consistency

Nah nah, your arms will most likely wear off.

Quick Reply

Latest