The Student Room Group

Which of these did you make the most friends with at Uni?

I'm going to Uni this year, and was wondering, which of these did you make the most friends in at Uni: People in your classes, halls or societies?

Scroll to see replies

Classes for me =)
Classes. I have a huge circle of lovely, close friends on my course. But I had almost zero in common with my flatmates (although there were a couple who were lovely and could hold a conversation with in the kitchen).
Reply 3
Class, halls at first but then we realised we weren't really friends as we had nothing in common, and so it got awkward during the kitchen
All three. My closest friend is from my halls, coursemates and I are all really close since there aren't that many of us and I spend most of my time with my friends from hockey.
Reply 5
Class, didn't join any societies due to the cost.

Still met plenty of other people from other courses though.

Didn't have anything in common with those in halls to be honest, and we had 2 of 5 leave before the end of the year anyway.
(edited 8 years ago)
lectures i guess? I was always the loud one so people recognised me in the clubs and came up to me pretty much. its easy 2 make friends just be urself. golden rule
Societies and classes. I tolerated the people in my flats but never connected with them.
Reply 8
Halls for me - classes I never got along that well with them.
Flatmates were complete ***** who I literally hate (except one who is one of my housemates next year)
Close with people in same hall but other flats.
Made lots of friends through societies.
Lots of friends on my course but they aren't like "bessy" mates, more than acquaintances but not like super close.
Reply 10
Definitely classes. My course has literally 20 people on, so we became our own little family. I still keep in touch with most of my flatmates from first year though.
Probably seminar classes
Original post by zigglr
I'm going to Uni this year, and was wondering, which of these did you make the most friends in at Uni: People in your classes, halls or societies?

Its not an either/or. You live with the people in your halls, work with the people in your classes and play with the people in your societies. You can easily juggle 3 or 4 separate groups of friends.

The fact that different people have multiple groups of friends is what makes it so easy to meet new and different people every time you go out. If you're looking to pull every night you go out, this is a god-send.
I think, as may be obvious, it's easiest to make friends with people who share common interests; therefore, personally, I made the most friends through my participation in society events and, later, on the respective exec. committees.

I also made some close friends on my course actually; however, the friendships were quite different to the ones I had with my friends in societies since mathematicians tend to talk about maths the majority of the time.
In my classes.
Halls definitely..
Nearly everyone in our block are friends and I now live with 5 friends from my block & will be living with 4 of them during my final year.

My course has a lot of mature students so I'm only close to a couple of coursemates.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Classes. Although to begin with I spent most of my time with flatmates. In the end I got fed up with them and spent more like with course mates. But to be honest spent 90% of my time alone.
My main group of friends are in the same college(halls) as me, study the same subject (so we have lectures and supervisions together) and are in the same society (although that's probably because its our college science society...)
Classes. I didn't stay in halls, and the society I joined is full of awful bitches.
Classes and societies mainly. I got on with my flatmates but I drifted away from them during my year abroad. The guy I lived with last year I got on well with and we met on the freshers group! We didn't live in the same halls, do the same course or go to the same societies but we're still good friends

Quick Reply

Latest