The Student Room Group

Does fate exist?

Does it?
Original post by ThatChineseBoy
Does it?
Well, my mother is a spiritualist and she always tells me that we have a path determined for us and that spirits will help us down that path. But ultimately the choice to follow that path is ours due to our free will. I don't know if this helps but it's about all I know about fate :smile:
Reply 2
My way of seeing this is **** happens thats beyond our control so all you can do is adapt to it. If that counts as fate then yes it exists
Original post by ThatChineseBoy
Does it?

Well I don't think so it does. I never had anything by luck. There has always been hard-work behind my every achievement or failure.
Original post by fozzz
My way of seeing this is **** happens thats beyond our control so all you can do is adapt to it. If that counts as fate then yes it exists

Yeah I agree. And everything else you have some control over so then that's your choice as to how you shape your future etc.
Path A leads to this way, Path B to the other. I would say yes in the scenario that when you're young you have someone evidently walking for you/ a certain circumstance.

Though if it does stop at a point, it would be adulthood where you can choose between A or B or come up with C. :tongue:
no, but the church fate exists?

it's as **** as it looks
Original post by zippity.doodah
no, but the church fate exists?

it's as **** as it looks

Haha!! XD
I do not believe in fate.

I think we are free to make our own choices, I don't believe anyone is destined to be anything although somethings are inevitable unfortunately.
I think some things must and always will happen, but we have free choices we can make within the constraints of those things. I don't think we have complete freedom of choice because we are held back by some things, for example, if you were addicted to smoking could you say that your next cigarette was a completely free choice, or a result of your addiction for it? But then you could say that deciding not to buy another pack is overcoming the constraint of your addiction for it. I think fate in the same of a set, predetermined path doesn't seem very likely, but set events that we are free to move around are.
I don't believe in it at all.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending