The Student Room Group

F1 discussion thread

This is just for discussing your favourite drivers, whether it be the top performers or rising stars, teams, predictions, or maybe even perhaps the future of F1 or the F1 videogame...

F1 nuts...

Lights out and away we go! :wink:
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Personally:........

Favourite driver generally: Jenson Button

Driver I'm currently tracking: Valterri Bottas (predict big things, he's like a slightly more talkative Raikkonen)

Favourite overall team at the moment: (drivers' conduct , performance , cars etc.) Williams

Prediction for driver's title: Rosberg (slowly but surely improving)

Prediction for constructor's title: (is there really any point?, not really a prediction...)

Most hated driver in terms of conduct: Lewis Hamilton (sorry if you view me as a traitor)

Current rating of season: 7/10 (poor at the top end, but some interesting battles and rising stars, like verstappen and torro rosso's performance in general)
Original post by Noj777
Personally:........

Favourite driver generally: Jenson Button

Driver I'm currently tracking: Valterri Bottas (predict big things, he's like a slightly more talkative Raikkonen)

Favourite overall team at the moment: (drivers' conduct , performance , cars etc.) Williams

Prediction for driver's title: Rosberg (slowly but surely improving)

Prediction for constructor's title: (is there really any point?, not really a prediction...)

Most hated driver in terms of conduct: Lewis Hamilton (sorry if you view me as a traitor)

Current rating of season: 7/10 (poor at the top end, but some interesting battles and rising stars, like verstappen and torro rosso's performance in general)

Why do you hate Hamilton?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Motorbiker

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hate was probably a bad choice of word on my part.

I think I'm not too keen on him because of incidents with Alonso and Button in the past. Having said that, I like both of these drivers, so I'm bound to be slightly biased.

He's ok when he's doing well, but he's very good at blaming others and using excuses. He can also sometimes be unfair with his team.

He's a great driver, no denying that. But there are so many others on that grid, that would do an equally good, if not better job with a car like that mercedes, and conduct themselves better when things didn't go to plan. Take Fernando Alonso for instance. Look at the difficulty Mclaren are having, and yet he remains composed, and tries to take the positives from what is a very disappointing situation.

I used to hate vettel, but I think he's a lot better now, and more conscious of his public profile. But rosberg and hamilton have gradually become spoilt and bitter, and I no longer have as much respect for either of them.

Also, I'm aware that many follow hamilton automatically because he's 'British', but to me that shouldn't come into it.
Will Button ever outqualify Alonso ever again?

Button is the new Massa. Things looking ominous now.
Reply 5
Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel
Will Button ever outqualify Alonso ever again?

Button is the new Massa. Things looking ominous now.

I see what you mean. He's not the best at handling struggles.
Jules Bianchi passed away sadly. RIP
Original post by Malevolent
Jules Bianchi passed away sadly. RIP

First f1 driver to die because of an f1 crash since Senna.

Shows how far the safety of the sport has come but how far it still has to go.

Posted from TSR Mobile

http://jalopnik.com/the-haters-guide-to-2008-formula-one-champion-lewis-ha-458368227

Still a whining, ungrateful, obnoxious little ****. Now with added ridiculous outfits and no girlfriend.
First f1 driver to die because of an f1 crash since Senna.

Shows how far the safety of the sport has come but how far it still has to go.

It was a freak accident. Not even enclosed cockpits would have saved him.
Original post by TitanicTeutonicPhil

No but putting a safety car out would have, or virtual safety car.

Just yellow flags when there's a river across the track and people are aquaplaning off and there's a JCB in the gravel is not good enough.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Very sad to hear that Jules has passed away, R.I.P Jules, condolences to all of your family and friends.
:frown: RIP
No but putting a safety car out would have, or virtual safety car.

Just yellow flags when there's a river across the track and people are aquaplaning off and there's a JCB in the gravel is not good enough.

Absolutely. My point was that safety procedures need to be improved. You sounded like you'd want the cars to get safer, which I think is not necessary.
Reply 14
Sad news. I only really began watching F1 at the beginning of last season, so Jules' point scoring race at Monaco was one of the first I watched, and he certainly made an impression. He seemed like a top guy. RIP.
Reply 15
Yes, a shame indeed
In this age of safety, shocking
Reply 16
Original post by TitanicTeutonicPhil

I think it would be irresponsible to write this off a freak accident and not do anything about it. The fact is when the rain is extremely heavy and cars start aquaplaning, they will more often than not go off the track in the same places. In that situation, the JCB should absolutely not be deployed. It's a lesson learnt, but there have been close calls before so we can't pretend we hadn't been warned. For example: Liuzzi at the Nurbugring in 2007, aquaplaned after 6 other cars already had at the same point and almost hit the tractor but was saved only by the fact that he had spun which slowed him down sufficiently so he didn't go as far the other cars. Go to 1:06 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3t56uLqlVI

Anyway RIP Bianchi
Industry has gone to more **** then before, reason why I havent watched a whole race for a year now. **** competition, before anyone gets excited and shouts ferrari ferrari, no, they arent competing with Mercedes, hamilton is an irritating arrogant idiot, even to most brits, guy dies due to retarded f1 help team putting a crane where it was. And most of all the current head of f1 is an 695 year old egomaniac who knows actually, **** all about how to sustain the sport which gives him billions that he spends on his useless daughters. rant over.rip.
FIA are retiring the #17 used by Jules. Looks like they're not totally incompetent.
Original post by TornadoGR4
FIA are retiring the #17 used by Jules. Looks like they're not totally incompetent.

That's a good move tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest