The Student Room Group

How to pay for Community College?

Hi guys, I'm looking to study at a community college as a cheaper option (I know they're not that well regarded compared to 4 year universities, im not that fussed). But I'm pretty devestated because I just can't afford to go. I have about £2000 saved, when it'll cost me around $20,000 for just a year. my parents would be wiring me money for living expenses every month but for most cmmunity collegesyou need to show a bank statement showing that you have the full $20,000 at the time of applying.
I've looked around for scholarships and none apply to me, my only other option is a loan but they all require an american co-signer and apparantly you can't bring a Uk loan over with you?
Im so gutted that I might not be able to do this :frown: does anyone have any pearls of wisdom on what I can do? Thanks
I'm in the same boat with the costs although fingers crossed in two years i'l be able to afford it,
I think your only option is save up as much money as you can, or speak to the uni, they may be able to do a payment plan or something for you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending