The Student Room Group

Which A Level combination is better? HELP NEEDED

I need to decide my a level choices very soon
i want to go to university , i'm not completely sure what i want to study there but hopefully one of something in business or finance or law or geography

after going through the option blocks, i want to study(there is no other subjects than these in the blocks i want to do)

btec law
btec business
geography
economics

OR

btec law
btec business
geography
psychology

which a level combination is better? what one should i do ? why? any other help id be grateful
thanks for all the help
Economics, geography, (BTEC law), psychology, mathematics.

I studied business management for a degree and did just plain business management and it is obvious to me now that universities seem to cater for different industries and create a huge culture and lasting reputation from the uniqueness and vibrancy of doing these courses.

Plymouth university does maritime business and logistics - needing business studies, economics, geography, law, mathematics (a plus, but needed) and you could work for the big oil/mining companies such as BP and Shell.

Southampton does fashion marketing/management as does the London college of fashion, studying something like an a-level in textiles would be beneficiary to doing that.

If you have an idea what you wish to do then the degree comes easy and the a-levels need comes easy too.
If I were you, i'd go for the first block because economics would help you with business, finance or law more than psychology would. Economics may also help you with geography- especially with the human geography part.
Reply 3
Original post by jessyjellytot14
If I were you, i'd go for the first block because economics would help you with business, finance or law more than psychology would. Economics may also help you with geography- especially with the human geography part.

thank you :smile:
I'd say block 1. Any chance you can do maths?
Reply 5
I'd say the first option, economics has a different skill set to a lot of the others with their being a lot of maths so would show you're capable of that to any university but I don't think it would make a huge difference so go with whatever you think you'd prefer. Good luck :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by tinasaf4
I'd say the first option, economics has a different skill set to a lot of the others with their being a lot of maths so would show you're capable of that to any university but I don't think it would make a huge difference so go with whatever you think you'd prefer. Good luck :smile:

thank you, but is economics still okay as only a AS level?
Reply 7
Yeah even at AS it would show you can do everything needed to do well so would be just as good as psychology I'd go with whatever you like most and if you can't decide I'd lean towards economics but ultimately it's much better to pick the one you'd enjoy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending