The Student Room Group

GCSE practice mocks results HELP!!!!

Spoiler

Reply 1
Okay, panic not.. I got an E in my December mocks for history in year 11 but pulled off an A* for the real thing.
With maths, go through your year 10 syllabus and work out where you messed up. Use videos online/your tutor to ensure that you understand the concepts and then start doing practice questions. (do loads and make sure to ask someone is you don't understand it.) Don't start revising for the year 11 exams as they're new concepts so you'll need a teacher to explain them to you. What other subjects are you struggling with?
Reply 2
I guess we are on the same boat.
I'm also not doing that great in Maths. I usually get 20 out of 100 in Non calculator and 15 in the Calculator but me I don't care.
I know when it comes to the real thing i'm going to learn everything inside out.
I'm also really good at English but I suck on subjects that involve Math.
Reply 3
Do you want to get a good grade or are you looking at just getting a 'C'?
Don't worry at all, you just need to take your time and revise, their is no point pressuring your self because making your self upset or anxious won't help, it will make you mor stressed and you won't learn anything. I am also year 10 nearly in year 11 and at my school I have to get a B to do A level maths im D grade at the moment 😂. It is possible you just got to work your butt of. I have to find a college that will let me retake gcse core science because I want to do a level biology and chemistry.
Do your absolute best, if you know you have tried your hardest you can't beat your self up.
Just keep on revising and all the best to you 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
maddie bought 60 cherry pies for £45. She sold the pies for 1.25 each of fundraising event. work out the percentage profit

can someone help with this question?
Original post by Saleha09
Okay, panic not.. I got an E in my December mocks for history in year 11 but pulled off an A* for the real thing.
With maths, go through your year 10 syllabus and work out where you messed up. Use videos online/your tutor to ensure that you understand the concepts and then start doing practice questions. (do loads and make sure to ask someone is you don't understand it.) Don't start revising for the year 11 exams as they're new concepts so you'll need a teacher to explain them to you. What other subjects are you struggling with?
How did you pull that off? I'm predicted a B in history yet I'm getting D's :frown: Okay I will try my best it's just I'm worried I won't be able to get into sixth form which I need five C's for. Biology and Spanish
Do you want to get a good grade or are you looking at just getting a 'C'?
C's at the minimum
Reply 8
Original post by ThunderClouds
How did you pull that off? I'm predicted a B in history yet I'm getting D's :frown: Okay I will try my best it's just I'm worried I won't be able to get into sixth form which I need five C's for. Biology and Spanish

With history, it just felt like applied English so i just memorized the textbook and used it in context. I did biology too, again, what board? And Spanish-Can't help you there, i just about pulled off a C, hated it so best of luck
Original post by MeganRosex
Don't worry at all, you just need to take your time and revise, their is no point pressuring your self because making your self upset or anxious won't help, it will make you mor stressed and you won't learn anything. I am also year 10 nearly in year 11 and at my school I have to get a B to do A level maths im D grade at the moment 😂. It is possible you just got to work your butt of. I have to find a college that will let me retake gcse core science because I want to do a level biology and chemistry.
Do your absolute best, if you know you have tried your hardest you can't beat your self up.
Just keep on revising and all the best to you 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you I will take your advice and best of luck to you too
You still have hope so don't give up, you can turn those bad grades around.

You should use Mathswatch for maths and do consider getting a maths tutor.
I remember being predicted a fail grade at maths(below a D) but I have managed to pass it so, regardless of your maths ability, if I can do it(from maths nobody into somebody), then surly anyone can.:smile:
Original post by ridirahman
maddie bought 60 cherry pies for £45. She sold the pies for 1.25 each of fundraising event. work out the percentage profit

can someone help with this question?

1.25 x 60 = £75
so profit is 75-45 = 30
30/45 = 66.7% (3sf)
1.25 X 60 =75
45/70 = 64.28
100-64.28 = 35.72

Hope i was of help

What?
Original post by German123
You still have hope so don't give up, you can turn those bad grades around.

You should use Mathswatch for maths and do consider getting a maths tutor.

Thank you I really hope I can do it
Thank you I really hope I can do it

You have to stay positive.:h:
Percentage Profit=Actual Profit/Starting Amount x100
1.25 X 60 = 75
Profit is 75-45=£30
30/45x100= 66.67 2dp
66.67% profit!
Good luck on your mocks I have mine in a week😱😂😝
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Jennifer9878
1.25 X 60 = 75
Profit is 75-45=£30
30/45x100= 66.67 2dp
66.67% profit!
Good luck on your mocks I have mine in a week😱😂😝

Original post by Jennifer9878
1.25 X 60 = 75
Profit is 75-45=£30
30/45x100= 66.67 2dp
66.67% profit!
Good luck on your kicks I have mine in a week😱😂😝

Hope I helped

Spoiler

Just do A LOT of past papers and you will be fine. No need to panic..... yet.

Quick Reply

Latest