The Student Room Group

How do I become a train driver?

I mean they earn like £50K with like 20 hours or something. How do I become one and what qualifications are needed? tyy.
Reply 1
Original post by ilovereading
I mean they earn like £50K with like 20 hours or something. How do I become one and what qualifications are needed? tyy.

I think you meant tube driver. According to the article below, you have to get in the inner circle in TfL first:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/general-election-2015/politics-blog/11730449/Want-to-be-a-Tube-driver-Well-you-cant.-Heres-why.html
Reply 2
i think people should start looking for things that excite them and they would enjoy doing rather than getting a lot of money. This generation is a bit crap eh :wink:
Original post by Hubb97
i think people should start looking for things that excite them and they would enjoy doing rather than getting a lot of money. This generation is a bit crap eh :wink:

sure i could be a failed actress and be homeless and penniless or I can be a tube driver and live in a nice house and be able to look after my family.
Trains drivers may become obselete by the time we're 40 or so, just sayin
Omg same here :biggrin:
I have always loved trains/tube
Reply 6
Original post by Sigma44
I think you meant tube driver. According to the article below, you have to get in the inner circle in TfL first:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/general-election-2015/politics-blog/11730449/Want-to-be-a-Tube-driver-Well-you-cant.-Heres-why.html

This. They aren't going to just hand out 50k jobs like that. It's a promotion for long term station staff.
Original post by Hubb97

'Bout time you realised how much "follow your dreams" has screwed people up and they're regretting their choice. I'm not saying it's wrong, but I'm not saying it's right either. You have no right to criticise this generation.

Quick Reply

Latest