The Student Room Group

Do you use any oils on your hair?

If so, which ones? has it helped your hair?
And which oils would you recommend for growing your hair?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I usually put coconut oil in my hair, leave it in for the night and wash it out in the morning.. it seems to do the trick, seeing as my hair is nearly up to my ass
I use olive oil on my hair. It stops it from going all dry and puffy like a downwards afro xD
I use sebum
Original post by ilovereading
I use olive oil on my hair. It stops it from going all dry and puffy like a downwards afro xD

Wouldnt it make it go greasy?
Original post by Emily.97
Wouldnt it make it go greasy?

My hair is extremely dry so no it does not make it greasy. It makes it more moisturised and "normal". My hair is super thick as well :P I also try not to use TOO much >.<
i don't use oil on my hair but Argan oil is good.
blank
(edited 8 years ago)
My hair is extremely dry so no it does not make it greasy. It makes it more moisturised and "normal". My hair is super thick as well :P I also try not to use TOO much >.<

Do you keep it in all day or put it on just before you shower then wash it out? my hair is dying out too ^.^ i need le moisture

(this msg keeps messing up idky)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
argan oil, plus it smells good
I use almond oil for my skin and hair. I spray the oil on my hair and leave it for about 6+ hours before washing it off :smile:

For an amazing face mask mix milk, almond oil, turmeric, water and gram flour (in the foreign aisle) until its a paste and spread it on your face and wait til it goes hard. Rub it with warm water and embrace your lovely skin! :biggrin:
Original post by diamondluck
Do you keep it in all day or put it on just before you shower then wash it out? my hair is dying out too ^.^ i need le moisture

(this msg keeps messing up idky)

Posted from TSR Mobile

When I get out of the shower I spray olive oil on my wet hair so when it dries, it isn't all dry and puffy. I also put a little bit of olive oil in the morning and keep it in because its not "greasy" enough to need to wash out. I dont wash my hair everyday either cause it makes it go horrible >.<
Reply 12
Original post by Incredible97

I've brought organic argan oil and its smells awful, kind of like manure.
Original post by NOONA.
I've brought organic argan oil and its smells awful, kind of like manure.

Don't use the organic one - use Argan oil only ..
I use Argan oil and it doesn't smell of anything, so maybe you need to try a different brand? I put a small amount in with my conditioner each time I wash my hair and it keeps it soft.
Reply 15
I use argan oil shampoo and condition with a blend of olive oil, shea butter and castor oil. Recently I've been using coconut oil and my hair is growing!!!!!!
Original post by Incredible97

I use argan in my beard.
I put argon oil on the ends of my hair before I dry it
Original post by earthworm
I use argan in my beard.

That's good..
When I get out of the shower I spray olive oil on my wet hair so when it dries, it isn't all dry and puffy. I also put a little bit of olive oil in the morning and keep it in because its not "greasy" enough to need to wash out. I dont wash my hair everyday either cause it makes it go horrible >.<

Does your hair smell of olive oil afterwards?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending