The Student Room Group

Im scared I've got appendicitis

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by katy456
For two days now ive been getting on and off belly button pain mainly towards my right, and its slowly spreading to my lower right handside, which is where the appendix are. It is a little worse than yesterday but not disabling pain yet.

Has anyone experienced this?

My girlfriend had excruciating stomach pain the night before our core maths exam. She brushed it off as regular pain, but I got her to rush to the emergency room and it turned out to be appendicitis. She was hospitalised immediately and nothing bad happened. I suggest you rush to your nearest hospital because appendixes can explode if not take care of.
Original post by katy456
For two days now ive been getting on and off belly button pain mainly towards my right, and its slowly spreading to my lower right handside, which is where the appendix are. It is a little worse than yesterday but not disabling pain yet.

Has anyone experienced this?

I remember when I had appendicitis, I was around 10 and my mum wouldn't believe me when I was in excruciating pain lol, she ended up taking me to the hospital after she realised I wasn't pissing around :tongue:
Original post by OU Student
If it was your appendix, he wouldn't have asked for a urine sample. My dad was sent straight to the hospital by his GP.

Interestingly, urine samples can yield abnormal findings in appendicitis, particularly if the appendix has perforated.

Quick Reply

Latest