The Student Room Group

Starting triple science six weeks later than everyone else?

So I'm coming to the end of year 9 but our year started our gcse courses six weeks before the end of the year. I chose double science but have decided to switch to triple science come September. I am really worried about being behind because I'll have missed six weeks worth of work. How do you suggest I catch up?
Reply 1
I don't think you should worry too much. Instead go to the teachers (triple) and ask them for the so you can catch up before school ends as they might not have covered as much as you think. Considering you are only in year 9. They could have been focusing on Core or the Double series. So I strongly suggest going to the teachers and asking them what they have covered so far and ask them for
resources/lesson slides/worksheets on anything you have missed Plus you have a whole year or two to catch up when it comes down to the final exam. As you have done double, it shouldn't bee too much work.
If you can't ask the teachers ask to see some of your friends work that does triple so you know what they are doing and how the lessons are structured. However is strongly suggest going to the teachers.
(I hoped this helped :colondollar:)
Reply 2
Original post by aamirac
I don't think you should worry too much. Instead go to the teachers (triple) and ask them for the so you can catch up before school ends as they might not have covered as much as you think. Considering you are only in year 9. They could have been focusing on Core or the Double series. So I strongly suggest going to the teachers and asking them what they have covered so far and ask them for
resources/lesson slides/worksheets on anything you have missed Plus you have a whole year or two to catch up when it comes down to the final exam. As you have done double, it shouldn't bee too much work.
If you can't ask the teachers ask to see some of your friends work that does triple so you know what they are doing and how the lessons are structured. However is strongly suggest going to the teachers.
(I hoped this helped :colondollar:)

Thanks! And yeah the thing is, double science haven't been doing anything related to the actual GCSE course yet, so I don't know anything. And yeah, I think I will ask my teachers via email if they can provide me with some info/resources/slides/worksheets, that's a good idea!
Reply 3
Original post by e2014
Thanks! And yeah the thing is, double science haven't been doing anything related to the actual GCSE course yet, so I don't know anything. And yeah, I think I will ask my teachers via email if they can provide me with some info/resources/slides/worksheets, that's a good idea!

I highly doubt that the triple lot have done much, maybe just Core stuff but that is easy stuff and you still have time until the end of the year to ask your teachers if you don't understand everything.:h:
Reply 4
Original post by aamirac
I highly doubt that the triple lot have done much, maybe just Core stuff but that is easy stuff and you still have time until the end of the year to ask your teachers if you don't understand everything.:h:

They've been doing something along the lines of efficiency, sankey diagrams and energy input/output in physics. Is that easy to learn do you think?
Reply 5
Original post by e2014
They've been doing something along the lines of efficiency, sankey diagrams and energy input/output in physics. Is that easy to learn do you think?

yep that's fine... although sankey diagrams could take you a while to understand as it did my peers, but considering you are doing triple, Core will be easy. (I found it easy because Physics was my favorite though :colondollar:)
Reply 6
bump

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending