The Student Room Group

Psychology Applicants for 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CarrieLFR
Applied for Psychology on the 14th of October to York, Buckingham, Warwick, Loughborough and Reading! Got an offer back on the 21st for Reading :h:

I want to apply to Reading, but I already have 5 and I can't decide which one to switch out. Congrats on your offer, though!
Original post by annieprincess
I want to apply to Reading, but I already have 5 and I can't decide which one to switch out. Congrats on your offer, though!

Thank you! :smile:
Go with your heart and if you do decide to switch one out for Reading, maybe compare your choices on other statistics and then choose the choice to switch out with that?
Good luck with your choices! :h:
Original post by CarrieLFR
Thank you! :smile:
Go with your heart and if you do decide to switch one out for Reading, maybe compare your choices on other statistics and then choose the choice to switch out with that?
Good luck with your choices! :h:

What were your AS grades, and what are your predicted A2 grades, if you don't mind me asking?

And yeah, I'll have a think. :smile:
Original post by annieprincess
What were your AS grades, and what are your predicted A2 grades, if you don't mind me asking?

And yeah, I'll have a think. :smile:

I actually did a BTEC in HSc so unfortunately, i can't :frown:
I got all of my application sorted on the 7th October. I've applied to Cambridge, St Andrews, Bath, York, and Kent. So far I've got offers from York and Kent! :biggrin:
Hey! I applied for Psychology on the 16th October, and it was eventually sent to the universities on the 20th October because UCAS was extra busy!! I've applied for Bath, Birmingham, Bristol, Exeter and UEA. I got an unconditional offer from UEA on the 21st October, and then got an offer from Bristol yesterday afternoon! So excited and shocked that I've gotten offers back so quickly omg. Best of luck to everyone:smile:
I hate waiting...alll i want is the goahead that my UCAS has actually been sent off my referee is honestly taking his tiiiimeeee....i hate waiting...worst thing is that people have been getting offers from the unis im applying to ...
I applied for psychology on the 20th October at Sheffield hallam, Leeds met, Manchester met, Liverpool and Nottingham trent. I got an offer the next day from Leeds :smile:
Applied for Psychology at York, Nottingham, Surrey, Lancaster and UEA on the 21st October and received an offer from UEA on the 23rd October!
I love York though, the psych course looked so awesome there, I really hope they don't reject me...:afraid:
Original post by mimojemimo
Applied for Psychology at York, Nottingham, Surrey, Lancaster and UEA on the 21st October and received an offer from UEA on the 23rd October!
I love York though, the psych course looked so awesome there, I really hope they don't reject me...:afraid:

Well done for your offer that's fab and lovely uni choices! I'm kind of regretting not looking at York, it's such a gorgeous place :frown: what was the actual university like? hope you get an offer from them! X
Original post by izzy_hill
Well done for your offer that's fab and lovely uni choices! I'm kind of regretting not looking at York, it's such a gorgeous place :frown: what was the actual university like? hope you get an offer from them! X

Thanks!
Where did you apply?
The campus was so lovely. The main campus has a lake in the middle of it and it's so pretty. Some of the accommodation in the middle of the campus wasn't great as it was in an old 60s building which really needed refurbishing but the other accommodation was had recently been refurbished so was very nice.
The psych department was great. It's rated as one of the top departments for research alongside OxBridge and St. Andrews which is what really attracted me. The staff there were really friendly and ran some mini lectures on the open day which were very interesting. :h:
Original post by mimojemimo
Thanks!
Where did you apply?
The campus was so lovely. The main campus has a lake in the middle of it and it's so pretty. Some of the accommodation in the middle of the campus wasn't great as it was in an old 60s building which really needed refurbishing but the other accommodation was had recently been refurbished so was very nice.
The psych department was great. It's rated as one of the top departments for research alongside OxBridge and St. Andrews which is what really attracted me. The staff there were really friendly and ran some mini lectures on the open day which were very interesting. :h:

You're welcome! I've applied for Bath, Bristol, Birmingham, Exeter and UEA! got offers from UEA and Bristol so far :biggrin:
the York campus sounds beautiful omg, and the psychology department sounds great! I could've looked but my parents were exhausted by september from all the open days haha, i couldn't have dragged them to any more if i tried
Original post by Neha Dabr
Hello all! I'm going to apply for an Msc Psychology next year and my choices are Surrey, Nottingham, Stirling, Sussex and Essex. Anybody else planning for a similar course or university?

I've applied to Stirling for Psychology!
Original post by annasmithhh
has anyone received psychology offers yet?

I've had offers from Sheffield, Southhampton and Royal Holloway :smile:
Reply 94
Received an offer from Bristol yesterday! :smile:
Reply 95
Original post by gooon
I've applied for Oxford, UCL, Bath, Bristol and Nottingham but haven't received any offers yet.
AS: AAAB
Predicted: A*AA
Literally checking track every 2 hours even though I know I'll prob have to wait till March :frown:

I've applied to all the same ones as you, except for Exeter instead of Nottingham!!!
Reply 96
Original post by totoro1997
Hi! I'm a first year student at Bristol. Funny enough, you've applied to the exact same unis as I had last year! From my experience, I applied to oxford, ucl, bath and Nottingham at around the oxbridge deadline. I got an offer from Nottingham at around 3 weeks after applying. Got rejected from oxford due to tsa scores. I applied to bristol at around january as back up because at the time I did not receive bath and ucl responses. Then I got an offer from Bristol and rejection from ucl at around the same time. Bath took ages but managed to get an offer by the end of march. I think that with your as levels and predicted grades, you'll probably get resposes from Nottingham and Bristol soon. If you got any questions feel free to ask

Hi! I've also applied to Oxford and Bristol. If you don't mind me asking, what was your TSA score and what are your GCSE grades? What is it like studying at Bristol? I just received an offer from them - so happy! Thank you in advance.
Reply 97
Original post by rvas
Received an offer from Bristol yesterday! :smile:

I've applied to Bristol as well! When did you send your UCAS off (how long did it take for a reply)? :smile:
Reply 98
Original post by CLJD
I've applied to Bristol as well! When did you send your UCAS off (how long did it take for a reply)? :smile:

Sent off on 12th and received on 23rd! I hope you get your offer soon :biggrin: Where else did you apply?
Original post by AllyG199816
I've had offers from Sheffield, Southhampton and Royal Holloway :smile:

when did you get your southampton offer if you don't mind me asking? and what predicted grades? :smile:

Quick Reply