The Student Room Group

Psychology Applicants for 2016 Entry

Hello guys! Seeing that there is a thread for 2015, guessing it's time for a new thread for 2016 entries!

Let's discuss university choices and courses:~) X

Scroll to see replies

im applying :smile:
Hi I'm a current student at UCLan who has just finished their 3rd year studying Psychology and we offer a fantastic Psychology degree which you can find at:

http://www.uclan.ac.uk/courses/bsc_hons_psychology.php

We also have great facilities and our lecturers are also really great and I have really enjoyed my past 3 years at UCLan, and couldn't recommend it more. If you have any questions about the course we offer feel free to contact the admissions team on: [email protected]
Reply 3
Original post by scrawlx101
im applying :smile:

Which universities are you applying to!! :~)
Reply 4
Original post by jaseho98
Hello guys! Seeing that there is a thread for 2015, guessing it's time for a new thread for 2016 entries!

Let's discuss university choices and courses:~) X[

kCL now has an undergrad Bsc
Hi guys,

I'm an Italian girl and I'm thinking to study psychology in UK. I'll do the undergraduate course but I don't really know the best place in which I can study. I achieved the best result in high school so I don't have problem with entry requirements, but I don't have lots of money. Here in Italy uni costs about 1500£ a year so 9000£ is really expensive.. I'm considering some universities in Scotland because it's cheaper (st. Andrews, Edinburgh, Glasgow), but I need some advices!
(p.s. I'm really interested in cognitive psychology and neuroscience)
SO so glad this threads been started!!

I'm stuck between University of Liverpool, Birmingham or Sheffield as my top choice! I also need to find at least 1 uni with lesser grade boundaries for a back up in case I don't get the grades I need.

I'm also petrified about the statistics side of things because no one seems to explain it properly and I'm not the best at maths!
I'm thinking of applying to Leicester for Psychology and Cognitive Neuroscience.. looks fab.
#ScienceNerd :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Porcupayne
I'm thinking of applying to Leicester for Psychology and Cognitive Neuroscience.. looks fab.
#ScienceNerd :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

My sister is at Leicester (studying Chemistry though), but apparently Leicester is amazing and I have been looking at their Psychology course as well! I recommend Birmingham and Bath's one personally hehe :biggrin:
Reply 9
Hi everyone!
Thinking of applying to: Oxford, UCL, Bath, Exeter and Bristol
Hello all!

I'm a mature student that's thinking of applying to...

KCL
Royal Holloway
Surrey / Kent (not sure which yet!)
City
Goldsmiths

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Good morning 👋

I'm a mature student too. Will complete my Access to He this year and hopefully be given an offer for Aston Uni w/ placement year in 2016.
I'm also thinking about Staffordshire Uni, Uni of Worcester, De Montfort Uni, Warwick Uni, Uni of Leicester and Coventry Uni.

I really want to become an Educational Psychologist in the long run so if anyone has any tips I would really appreciate them 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by Bbashy
Good morning 👋

I'm a mature student too. Will complete my Access to He this year and hopefully be given an offer for Aston Uni w/ placement year in 2016.
I'm also thinking about Staffordshire Uni, Uni of Worcester, De Montfort Uni, Warwick Uni, Uni of Leicester and Coventry Uni.

I really want to become an Educational Psychologist in the long run so if anyone has any tips I would really appreciate them 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey,
It's great to hear you are considering Coventry. I'm a postgraduate student here at the moment and in my 4th year at Coventry; and I've loved every minute!
My number 1 tip when trying to choose a University is to attend Open Days! So many people skip them, and decide based on facts, figures or opinions online, but the only way to know for sure where will suit you best is to come and see for yourself. Open Days give you the chance to speak to current staff and students to see what the course and department can offer you, find out how others have found it so far, and they also give you a chance to get a feel for the campus. I can't recommend them enough. If you're in Birmingham at the moment Coventry is only 20 minutes away via train too.

Finally, just to wish you all the best with your Access course - we're sure you'll do great.
- Josh
Reply 13
Hi all, I'm a mature student looking to completely change career. I really want to study Psychology but my previous qualifications and jobs aren't relevant. I've seen East London, Goldsmiths and West London offer Psychology with Foundation Year. Does anyone know how popular these courses are and whether it would be really difficult to get a place? I'm looking to study in London or surrounding areas. Good luck with all your applications!
Original post by AKST
Hi all, I'm a mature student looking to completely change career. I really want to study Psychology but my previous qualifications and jobs aren't relevant. I've seen East London, Goldsmiths and West London offer Psychology with Foundation Year. Does anyone know how popular these courses are and whether it would be really difficult to get a place? I'm looking to study in London or surrounding areas. Good luck with all your applications!

You can apply for an Msc Psychology (conversion) course. It's a one year course and you save a lot of time. Also, you gain eligibility to undertake a professional psychology course later if you are keen. Do check out BPS website for more details.
http://www.bps.org.uk/careers-education-training/accredited-courses-training-programmes/accredited-courses-training-progra :-)
(edited 8 years ago)
Hello all! I'm going to apply for an Msc Psychology next year and my choices are Surrey, Nottingham, Stirling, Sussex and Essex. Anybody else planning for a similar course or university?
Original post by Bbashy
Good morning 👋

Posted from TSR Mobile

Heya - exciting to see you're thinking about Staffs :smile: Have you had a chance to visit any of the unis yet?

I'm the official rep for Staffs on TSR so if you've got any questions let me know and I can help you out :h: Around half of our students are mature students and there's a few people chatting to each other over in the Staffs forum so you can always go say hi there. :smile:

Hope your access course all goes well :h:

Katie
Reply 17
Original post by Staffordshire University
Heya - exciting to see you're thinking about Staffs :smile: Have you had a chance to visit any of the unis yet?

I'm the official rep for Staffs on TSR so if you've got any questions let me know and I can help you out :h: Around half of our students are mature students and there's a few people chatting to each other over in the Staffs forum so you can always go say hi there. :smile:

Hope your access course all goes well :h:

Katie

Thanks Katie, I've yet to visit any unis but I've booked to attend open days at all the Universities mentioned in the Autumn :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bbashy
Thanks Katie, I've yet to visit any unis but I've booked to attend open days at all the Universities mentioned in the Autumn :smile:

That's great you've booked everything already :smile: It's always good to be prepared.

Make sure you've got a list of questions written down that you know you want to ask on the day, so you make the most out of your visit. :h: Luckily you've got lots of time to think about what things are important to you :smile:
UCL grad if you have any questions.

Quick Reply

Latest