The Student Room Group

English Literature help: A2 Essay

Hi,
For my comparative essay in Lit, I was thinking of choosing Catch-22 and Dracula. I've read Dracula before and have just finished Catch-22. Despite them being completely different (War vs. Vampires) they have similar themes such as mental instability and religion.

Are there any other themes I could compare them on and do you think it's a viable option for good marks??

Thank you :smile:
Original post by Britt2609
Hi,
For my comparative essay in Lit, I was thinking of choosing Catch-22 and Dracula. I've read Dracula before and have just finished Catch-22. Despite them being completely different (War vs. Vampires) they have similar themes such as mental instability and religion.

Are there any other themes I could compare them on and do you think it's a viable option for good marks??

Thank you :smile:

I think they sound like good comparison themes to me and will be enough to get you a good mark! I compared two themes for mine :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Okay cool, thank you very much :smile:
Original post by Changing Skies
I think they sound like good comparison themes to me and will be enough to get you a good mark! I compared two themes for mine :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Britt2609
Okay cool, thank you very much :smile:

No problem :h: I posted my piece on one of my threads if you need an idea of how to possibly set it out :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Thank you, I'll have a look :smile:
No problem :h: I posted my piece on one of my threads if you need an idea of how to possibly set it out :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

what uni do you goto?
Original post by scrawlx101
what uni do you goto?

Liverpool, why? :tongue:
Liverpool, why? :tongue:

was sure i saw that you went to uni of lpool just thought id ask.whats it like? im applying to uni for 2016 :smile: hoping to do psychology.
You can definitely compare them thematically, you just have to be careful because you need to incorporate context into a comparative essay and they do come from very different contexts and genres (gothic vs postwar satire) so I'd advise researching the contexts and criticism on both novels (e.g. through jstor) and finding aspects to compare them on :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest