The Student Room Group

RAF Fitness / Medical Test

Hi all !

I'm keen on joining the RAF as a SNCO ATC

What Things can I do to prepare for the fitness /medical test as part of the application process

thanks
Don't train, eat a takeaway every day & turn up grossly out of shape :yy:
Ask a stupid question ...

Search the forum.
If you're keen these are things you'd already know. The only way you can prepare for your medical is by cleaning your ears.
Original post by BarrattsMini
Ask a stupid question ...

Search the forum.

Original post by jasonjb1985
If you're keen these are things you'd already know. The only way you can prepare for your medical is by cleaning your ears.

I understand your points but you could of been more civil and less rude in your responses
I apologise if you think I'm being rude but I really aren't. If you know what you need to do fitness wise then get to a higher standard than that. As I also said, you can't really prepare for a medical.
I have had an scoliosis operation in 2013 but want to be a weapons systems operator in the RAF and i dont know weather this operation will affect my chances in a few years of joining the RAF... help please?
The medical isn't really something you can prepare for.

Just make sure you are in the bmi limits.

Fitness test you need to check and make sure you're aware of the requirements to pass.. then train every week to ensure you hit that pass rate.
Original post by callummcfarland
I have had an scoliosis operation in 2013 but want to be a weapons systems operator in the RAF and i dont know weather this operation will affect my chances in a few years of joining the RAF... help please?

Contact your local AFCO
Reply 9
Original post by callummcfarland

Hello Callum, I also have scoliosis (very mild). I have recently just passed my medical (this year) just a little info before I go into detail.
You Should search 'RAF medical limits' in Google.

You will need xrays from your GP to prove that it doesn't affect you and will need to perform various movements to the Doc. The downside is that Yes it will affect your application. If you want any more info inbox me :smile:.
Could you possibly tell me all you know about the medical please,would really appreciate it,thanks
The medical is easy.

Height, weight, flexibility, eye sight and hearing tested. Nothing hard
Reply 12
Try doing 20 pull ups and they'll take you on straight away :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest