The Student Room Group

Secondary TA Interview Preparation/Help

I have an interview on Tuesday morning at a secondary school/academy for a teaching assistant postion. I had an interview for a similar position on Thursday at another secondary school but I messed it up so I want to make sure I can prepare for this on Tuesday as best as I can. I received some very good feedback. The reason I didn't get it was because other applicants answered one question better than me; ''how would you help children to overcome barriers to learning?". How would any of you reading this answer to this question?

I'm currently a TA in a primary school and have been for 6 months, alongside my 3 months of volunteering in my old high school. I've got a good academic background with a psychology degree, I speak Spanish and play the guitar, so I'm confident in what I can offer

So what can I do to best prepare ?
(edited 8 years ago)
''how would you help children to overcome barriers to learning?"

My answer would be something like to think about what the barrier is and establish why it's there. I would say it often boils down to learners lacking confidence in themselves so I would try my best to be approachable and encouraging to help them feel more empowered and less intimidated and overwhelmed by the learning process.

This question might not come up in your interview tomorrow so on the whole don't be afraid to think on your feet. Good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending