The Student Room Group
The Quad, Middlesex University
Middlesex University
London

Freshers?

So whose a fresher like me? and what you studying we could end up being friends :biggrin:
Undergrad Biomedical science
Middlesex -.-
Got a feeling I'm guna be insanely pissed on freshers 0.o
The Quad, Middlesex University
Middlesex University
London
Reply 2
Criminology with Youth Justice :biggrin:
Reply 3
Can you help me ??? :wavey:
I'm from Poland and I will start studying " Dance Performance " at Middlesex University in London this year. Unfortunately I have no place to live there, no family members or friends in London. I need just a bed or floor or couch to sleep for first few weeks. I just don't have enough money to pay for whole room. I'm looking for any job I could possibly do but it's hard to find anything via internet. I believe that I will find something faster if I will be in London. I can cook for you, clean your home, walk with your dog ... I will do anything for you, just please help me .:wink:
I'm also doing Biomedical Science at Middlesex. What are the chances we're in the same class?? it would be nice to know one person
Original post by DanceBoy
Can you help me ??? :wavey:
I'm from Poland and I will start studying " Dance Performance " at Middlesex University in London this year. Unfortunately I have no place to live there, no family members or friends in London. I need just a bed or floor or couch to sleep for first few weeks. I just don't have enough money to pay for whole room. I'm looking for any job I could possibly do but it's hard to find anything via internet. I believe that I will find something faster if I will be in London. I can cook for you, clean your home, walk with your dog ... I will do anything for you, just please help me .:wink:

Ask your university to see if they can advise you on accommodation - e.g. if they still have space in university halls or can put you in touch with students privately renting accommodation somewhere. DO NOT arrange to camp out on someone's floor if you don't know them.

N.b. London is the most expensive place to go to uni - you're going to have a lot of living costs, even if you're really careful. Bear in mind that you are going to university to STUDY, so don't take on too much part-time work (many universities recommend a maximum of 10 hours a week) since if you come out with poor grades at the end of your degree, it will have cost you a lot of money and you won't have much better career prospects than if you had just gone and got a job now.

If you're from Poland, don't you qualify for some kind of EU students loan or something? If not, look into scholarship/ sponsorship opportunities for students going abroad. You could also think about trying to make the most of your skills to earn some money now - if you're planning on studying Dance at uni, why not earn a bit of cash over the summer by running a dance class or getting a job in the local gym?
Original post by jordyweird
So whose a fresher like me? and what you studying we could end up being friends :biggrin:

Hello there soon to be Fresher!

Hope this thread is serving the purpose you wanted it too and you are meeting more Freshers to talk too!

If you have any questions about Freshers or first year, please don't hesitate to message me!

I'm just going into my second year of university doing Drama in The Community :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending