The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
The best thing about Durham is that the students stole, ney acquired, so many traffic cones that the local authorities had to request they be given back.
Reply 21
The differentiation between the Stockton campus and Durham itself will become even more apparent in 3 years time- when you graduate. Plus, I don't think it gives you any benefits of other universities such as KCL, UCL, Nottm when scouting for placements/internships or attending seminars held by reputable companies regarding the business world.
Reply 22
How about Leeds?

industrial placement itself is included on the course - optional

I'm just hoping maybe Durham will change my course, asked but no reply since so..

oh well

thanks for the replis guys
Reply 23
anymore infromation that could help my decision?

anyone?
Reply 24
What subject are you asking them to change it to?
Reply 25
to Bussiness Ecnomics, hopefully they will change or consider it.

haven't heard from them for about a week.

shame acc&fin course at durham duzn have sandwich course..
Reply 26
Durham has a much better overall reputation than Leeds. I think you still get a degree from Durham University whichever campus you go to. I have no idea about business/marketing itself but I would still imagine that a degree from Durham will be held in higher regard than one from Leeds.

That said if other factors are important to you such as nightlife etc...you might consider going for Leeds. Ultimately, only you know what will make you happy, and you should go to the university which you feel most good about.
Reply 27
:tongue: The problem is that I'm not strongly attracted to either university! lol

I would've gone to Durham if they didn't have a seperate capus, I would've gone to Leeds if their prgramme is more focused on finance.

well I cannot have both of them, can I :smile:

and I guess the 'Durham' degree is more powerfull than I think :tongue:
Reply 28
barton
The differentiation between the Stockton campus and Durham itself will become even more apparent in 3 years time- when you graduate. Plus, I don't think it gives you any benefits of other universities such as KCL, UCL, Nottm when scouting for placements/internships or attending seminars held by reputable companies regarding the business world.

That's not true.
The Durham site and the Queen's campus are both 100% part of the university.
We have an optional placement yr where you can work or study anywhere with the university's permission.
We have way more reputable firms like investment banks attending our university than Leeds.
For example the big 4 accountants personally visit the people on the Business courses and the university has had talks from over 8 investment banks including Goldman Sachs, Merrill Lynch, UBS (twice) JPMorgan, Morgan Stanley, BarCap, BNP Paribas and Schroders this yr.
Reply 29
I just visited the open day and it was fantastic! Dhchoi, Durham is now offering a sandwhich course where in your third year, they find you a placement (somewhere around London). This has just been offered this year.
Reply 30
WOW! I should've been there!

They should release their infomation quickly! so people would know what is there! :angry:

Oh well now decision is more complicated damn!

You know what? Yesterday I got welcome letter from Stevo when Im offered a place at

Snow initially, strange isn it?

DrEvil Can you pm me and give some more information about open day at stockton?

I feel terrible that I cannot go there, shame I live in moscow :frown:
Reply 31
Hey Drevil

I e-mailed uni and saying I've been to open day :cool:

and they said that WE have to find the job ourselves!

unlike leeds saying they will help me!

Oh and now Queen's, Belfast is added on my list - Finance sandwich course

so so so

where shoud I go?

if Leeds had a Durham's reputation not about nightlife though lol
Reply 32
Go Leeds. But from what the business lecturers told me, he said he will find us the jobs.

Latest

Trending

Trending