The Student Room Group

Self teaching EPQ

Hi,

I'm hoping to study law at university and have found a very niche and interesting area of law which I would like to explore. It has yet to be discussed online etc. I figured that the best way in which I could go about researching this and proving this research to universities is via the EPQ, however my school doesn't offer it. How would I go about entering as a private candidate, or, if that's not possible, how could I prove this research in my PS? Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by spurs9393
I'm hoping to study law at university and have found a very niche and interesting area of law which I would like to explore. It has yet to be discussed online etc. I figured that the best way in which I could go about researching this and proving this research to universities is via the EPQ, however my school doesn't offer it. How would I go about entering as a private candidate, or, if that's not possible, how could I prove this research in my PS? Thanks

EPQ isn't available to private candidates from some exam boards. Your best bet would be to persuade your school to let you take it and to persuade a teacher to supervise you and mark it. If it is a new thing then it may not be a good choice for an EPQ - a fair percentage of the marks are allocated to your ability to demonstrate your research into the subject online, in journals and in books; if very little exists then you will not score highly.
Reply 2
Original post by Compost
EPQ isn't available to private candidates from some exam boards. Your best bet would be to persuade your school to let you take it and to persuade a teacher to supervise you and mark it. If it is a new thing then it may not be a good choice for an EPQ - a fair percentage of the marks are allocated to your ability to demonstrate your research into the subject online, in journals and in books; if very little exists then you will not score highly.

How should I go about reporting this new thing? Should I write it and then try to get it noticed by legal academics/ law magazines etc?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest