The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

DD308 - Making Social Worlds - October 2015

Anyone else enrolled on this presentation?
Original post by 'Old Man River'
Anyone else enrolled on this presentation?

Hello, yes I'm on the October presentation. I'm currently doing DD206, just about to start TMA 05 - which doen't seem too bad (famous last words!) but I'll see I guess. To be honest DD206 hasn't been too bad, if anything quite easy; though I might change my mind during the EMA!.
I've heard that DD308 was an 'easy' module, but that its been revamped. Would be good to hear from anyone on the current course. Not sure if I'm looking forward to it or not...been a long three years without a break, and I'm a bit tired. No modules next summer, can't wait.
So I guess I'll see you around...if you know what I mean!!
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Hi,

Good luck with DD206. I just got my result for that same module and I passed comfortably without putting in too much effort to be honest.

DD308 will be my final module and that will be me done with my BSc.
Original post by 'Old Man River'
Hi,

Good luck with DD206. I just got my result for that same module and I passed comfortably without putting in too much effort to be honest.

DD308 will be my final module and that will be me done with my BSc.

Thanks, I'm sure I'll do OK, just need a bit more motivation. I'm going on to honours, so I'll be doing DD306 Oct 16. Got to get it done next year as I'm on transitional fees - no way could I justify the cost as I'm doing this for 'fun'!

I read about your problem in your thread on DD206. Must of been a nightmare? Though I have been warned by a couple of tutors to be 'careful' as my referencing was a bit sloppy. So, it's an easy trap to full into - 'there for the grace of God' and all that! Anyway, chin-up and all that!

Hopefully DD308 won't be too demanding as I'm really needing a break from study. I guess we'll see.

All the best!
I'm also studying under transitional fee arrangements and my study is for recreational purposes and not for career development or any essential need. I'm 50+ years old and expect to be medically retired soon. I suppose that I just want to reassure myself that I am clever enough to gain a first degree without too much difficulty. I'm not bothered about gaining honours (although I would probably be looking at a 2:1). Not many of my generation went to university so I'm just attempting to ensure that my kids don't completely show me up and embarrass me by outperforming me too much!

I've been impressed overall with the OU and would recommend them without hesitation.

I'll be trying to post here regularly once the module starts. Hopefully a few more will join in and we can swap some useful tips and advice.
I passed without any real effort and I have been offered and accepted a BSc (Open).

Farewell and good luck to all who pass this way.
Reply 6
I have also signed up for DD308 in October, having just finished DD206. I'm on TA and it will be my final module too.

Quick Reply

Latest