The Student Room Group

Does it ruin a surprise if you hint about it?

Being in a LDR, I sent a parcel over to my bf. he should receive it soon. If I dropped hints like 'expect something in the post soon' will it ruin the surprise I've got for him?

Or will it build up the anticipation?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Original post by Sophie1994
Being in a LDR, I sent a parcel over to my bf. he should receive it soon. If I dropped hints like 'expect something in the post soon' will it ruin the surprise I've got for him?

Or will it build up the anticipation?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It will no longer be a complete surprise that something is arriving any more. If it was me I think I would rather not know that something was coming and be taken completely by surprise. However I know that my husband would like to know something was coming as he would get excited about it. So it is sort of person specific!

What have you got him :smile:
Don't tell him because he'll appreciate it more when he receives it. I'd rather not be told that's for sure!

What did you get for him? I'm nosey.
Honestly? Yes.

I've made the mistake of doing this a few times, though maybe not so subtle, and they've ended up forcing the surprise out of me. Their reasoning was that they'd be building it up in their head and that expectation would most likely not match whatever the surprise is, so it's best for surprises to really be surprises... because they have no expectations if they don't know anything about it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending