The Student Room Group

What do I need to do to get another prescription?

I'm literally so embarrassed to ask this so I've gone on anon but I'm just about to run out of my 6 months' worth of the pill and who do I call to get another 6 months of it? Do I call the doctor's or the pharmacist because they are different places where I live and what do I say?
Thanks so much I know this is really stupid but I've never done this before and my mum is out so I can't ask her!
Do you have the white repeat slip thing? if not, you need to make a GP appointment. If you do, just tick the box on the back and hand that in to your GP surgery.
Reply 2
Original post by OU Student
Do you have the white repeat slip thing? if not, you need to make a GP appointment. If you do, just tick the box on the back and hand that in to your GP surgery.

No I don't think I do have that. Do you think I could just speak to my GP on the phone and they could do it seeing as I've had all the blood pressure tests to check that it's not having any adverse effects on me.
Original post by Anonymous
No I don't think I do have that. Do you think I could just speak to my GP on the phone and they could do it seeing as I've had all the blood pressure tests to check that it's not having any adverse effects on me.

It probably varies from GP surgery. But if you don't need to be seen, it shouldn't be a problem.
Reply 4
Original post by OU Student
It probably varies from GP surgery. But if you don't need to be seen, it shouldn't be a problem.

Okay thanks for your help :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
I'm literally so embarrassed to ask this so I've gone on anon but I'm just about to run out of my 6 months' worth of the pill and who do I call to get another 6 months of it? Do I call the doctor's or the pharmacist because they are different places where I live and what do I say?
Thanks so much I know this is really stupid but I've never done this before and my mum is out so I can't ask her!

You ll probably need an appointment for the 2nd pack as they may want to check for sure that you ve not had a blood pressure increase but they should put it on repeat after that.
Ring up the surgery and see what their policy is. Might be good to just see the Gp just to check everything is ok before continuing with them. Once the Gp is happy usually they just put you on a repeat prescription with regular check ups.

Good luck

Quick Reply

Latest