The Student Room Group

Clearing when Completed First Year of University Already - Allowed?

Hi

I messed up my first year at Queen Mary (Engineering) because of my mental health and am still enrolled. I didn't attend all of second semester or take exams.

I want to try my luck for Kings Electrical Engineering or Physics and some of the other Russell Groups. Could I call unis in clearing too even though I'm technically at uni already? And if you already have results can you call the unis clearing helpline now for the IB results day?

And how can I tell them my situation without putting them off?

And does anyone know the process if a uni does accept me in clearing of what i'd have to do.

Thanks!!
You will need to apply again through UCAS will which require an academic reference.
Original post by uchihaitachi
Hi

I messed up my first year at Queen Mary (Engineering) because of my mental health and am still enrolled. I didn't attend all of second semester or take exams.

I want to try my luck for Kings Electrical Engineering or Physics and some of the other Russell Groups. Could I call unis in clearing too even though I'm technically at uni already? And if you already have results can you call the unis clearing helpline now for the IB results day?

And how can I tell them my situation without putting them off?

And does anyone know the process if a uni does accept me in clearing of what i'd have to do.

Thanks!!

Clearing is generally for entry into year 1. If that's what you're interested in then yes you can apply. You will need to submit a full UCAS application (including PS and reference) and that also means declaring your study at QMUL and any results received.

If this is something you want to do then you need to get moving now to get your application finished before clearing hits full steam.
What? Seriously?
So I'd have to wait for next year?
Yep im interested in starting again for year one...

But do unis let you transfer aswell?
What? Seriously?

Nope. You can still apply for this years clearing. You have to apply through UCAS though.
Original post by PQ
Clearing is generally for entry into year 1. If that's what you're interested in then yes you can apply. You will need to submit a full UCAS application (including PS and reference) and that also means declaring your study at QMUL and any results received.

If this is something you want to do then you need to get moving now to get your application finished before clearing hits full steam.

Original post by chelseafan
Nope. You can still apply for this years clearing. You have to apply through UCAS though.

OK cool thanks
What? Seriously?

No? Re-read the responses above.

However, it's probably worth considering if this is really the right time to be at uni - have your mental health problems been resolved to the extent that you're definitely not going to have the same problem at a new uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Origami Bullets
No? Re-read the responses above.

However, it's probably worth considering if this is really the right time to be at uni - have your mental health problems been resolved to the extent that you're definitely not going to have the same problem at a new uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep i'm hoping they will have. I'm taking a short term therapy course which will help me get back on track... hopefully...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending