The Student Room Group

Hardly any pubic hair at 20

I'm 20 and I have never needed to shave my face, have little to no hair under my armpits and the hairs on my legs are from what I've had when I was a child, just blonde thin hairs that aren't noticeable on the outside. I do have pubic hair around my genitals though.

I was wondering if I had a hormone imbalance, or is it just that I'm not that hairy and I can't grow a beard/stubble?

Is it worth getting my testosterone levels checked?
Some guys just naturally aren't particularly hairy, it's probably nothing to worry about. If it's really bugging you though then make a dr appt just to check and get your mind put at rest. I really wouldn't worry though
Some people just aren't hairy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
I'm 20 and I have never needed to shave my face, have little to no hair under my armpits and the hairs on my legs are from what I've had when I was a child, just blonde thin hairs that aren't noticeable on the outside. I do have pubic hair around my genitals though.

I was wondering if I had a hormone imbalance, or is it just that I'm not that hairy and I can't grow a beard/stubble?

Is it worth getting my testosterone levels checked?

Honestly this is quite a good thing! I am the opposite - I am very dark haired (EVERYWHERE). It is really noticeable on my legs and face (and I'm only 17). I hate my leg hair and feel insecure wearing shorts. I'd love to be light haired on my body.
Don't worry too much about it - it can be considered a good thing.

Quick Reply

Latest