The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Where do law students live?

Hi, I am curious as to which campus residence do most of the law students stay in? Thanks
There is a an even distribution of undergraduates from different courses throughout the campus residences. I don't think that law students congregate in any particular hall. As the law school is in the centre of the campus, it is easily accessible from any of the halls on the main site.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Original post by MonteCristo
There is a an even distribution of undergraduates from different courses throughout the campus residences. I don't think that law students congregate in any particular hall. As the law school is in the centre of the campus, it is easily accessible from any of the halls on the main site.

Thanks for the feedback! Which accommodation options would you recommend though, in terms of value and comfort?
Original post by marcuscgy96
Thanks for the feedback! Which accommodation options would you recommend though, in terms of value and comfort?

It depends a lot on your budget, personality, and priorities...

The most luxurious halls are Bluebell (by some margin), Heronback, Lakeside, Sherbourne, Arthur Vick, and Jack Martin. They are all new, hotel-like, and en suite but priced accordingly.

The central halls (Rootes, Bluebell, Whitefields, Jack Martin, Tocil) are occasionally disrupted by noise from other students passing by at night. This is less of a problem for Arthur Vick, Cryfield, Heronbank, Lakeside, Sherbourne, and Westwood.

Rootes is probably the most social hall as its long corridors and 200+ students to a block mean you meet lots of people. The other "old" halls (Cryfield, Whitefields, Tocil) are also pretty social. The only one I would avoid is Whitefields which is old, cramped, close to the Students' Union, and organised into small blocks of students. If you don't get on with your neighbours (for any reason), you are pretty stuck with them in Whitefields.

If you want to stereotype, students in the cheaper (not en suite) halls tend to be more social and a little more rowdy. The en suite halls attract a greater number of quiet students. However, there is a lot of variation within each residence and you get allocated into groups based on how you describe your personality/priorities on the preferences form. It is very possible to live in a quiet block in Rootes or a boisterous flat in Bluebell.

Incidentally, the allocations to halls are done by computer based on your preferences and chance. No-one reads the description of yourself at this stage unless you have declared a disability or medical condition that needs special consideration. It's only after you have been allocated to a hall that the wardens (and their teams) read your forms and try to create flats/blocks of compatible/complementary personalities.

It's worth visiting the campus to get a feel for how the halls look (and where they are based) even if you can't see inside as you would on a formal open day.
Do they live in LEXico City OP?

Quick Reply

Latest