The Student Room Group

Why don't you put a picture of yourself on TSR?

Is it because you are embarrassed? Or just don't want people to recognise you? What is your reason?

Similarly, if you do have your picture on TSR: why?

Scroll to see replies

I find it weird talking to someone without having a picture of their face in my head. for some reason it makes me feel more secure :P which is why i have a pic of me as my icon ^^
I hate my face in pictures. and maybe just my face

I've also disabled profile pictures on TSR so it's a waste of time.
Reply 3
Original post by missaxo
I find it weird talking to someone without having a picture of their face in my head. for some reason it makes me feel more secure :P which is why i have a pic of me as my icon ^^

Yeh I suppose that is a good logic, but I equally would feel awkward if someone knew me on TSR haha :P
Reply 4
Original post by chickenonsteroids
I hate my face in pictures. and maybe just my face

I've also disabled profile pictures on TSR so it's a waste of time.

Aw haha! How do you disable profile pics? Do you mean you can't see anyones profile pic or just yours?
Original post by gman10
Yeh I suppose that is a good logic, but I equally would feel awkward if someone knew me on TSR haha :P

yeah i get you. but then again it's a forum for students so there's no reason you should feel awkward :P
Reply 6
Because the last picture of me was taken like 3 years ago.
Lol I don't want people to recognise me...but I still put a picture of myself on here
Reply 8
Original post by missaxo
yeah i get you. but then again it's a forum for students so there's no reason you should feel awkward :P

I would do it, but I think I would have to create a new account first haha! The amount of stuff I have posted which I would never want attributed to me is beyond silly :tongue:
Because e-safety.
Reply 10
Original post by yelllowribbon
Lol I don't want people to recognise me...but I still put a picture of myself on here

But half your head is cut off!
Reply 11
Original post by spanker
Because the last picture of me was taken like 3 years ago.

You could just take a picture of yourself :smile:
Original post by gman10
Is it because you are embarrassed? Or just don't want people to recognise you? What is your reason?

Similarly, if you do have your picture on TSR: why?

I just think it's nice to have an idea of what the person you're talking to looks like! None of my friends use TSR but even so I've got nothing on my account I wouldn't want them to know :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by AnnieGakusei
Because e-safety.

What do you mean? You think someone will hunt you down because you have a picture of yourself on TSR?
Original post by gman10
I would do it, but I think I would have to create a new account first haha! The amount of stuff I have posted which I would never want attributed to me is beyond silly :tongue:

oh same hahaha! is there a way of blocking other people from viewing your stats ? :biggrin:
Reply 15
Original post by missmillie12345
I just think it's nice to have an idea of what the person you're talking to looks like! None of my friends use TSR but even so I've got nothing on my account I wouldn't want them to know :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

How do you know none of your friend use it :wink:
Nobody allowed to know who I am xD If we all knew everyone's real names here, you could never express your opinions - just like you can't in real life xD
Reply 17
Original post by missaxo
oh same hahaha! is there a way of blocking other people from viewing your stats ? :biggrin:

I don't know, if there is I shall be using it! And only then will I put up a picture hahaha :h:
Original post by gman10
But half your head is cut off!

Lol yeah I know, I put that picture deliberately...people can then tell I'm a real person (yeah I know this doesn't really make sense) but can't recognise me
Original post by gman10
I don't know, if there is I shall be using it! And only then will I put up a picture hahaha :h:

yeah that would be perfect haha

Quick Reply

Latest