The Student Room Group

I screwed up my IGCSEs. Do I still have a chance of being accepted by Oxford?

I'm pretty sure I didn't get any A* grades for IGCSE. Most of my predicted grades were As.
Would having 4-5 A grades and a few B grades completely screw up my chances of being accepted by Oxford University?
The reason for my grades is because I wasn't really focusing on my education and didn't take it seriously enough (I revised 5 hours in total for my 9 IGCSEs).
I've had a change of heart and my teachers all say I have a decent chance of getting above 40 for IBDP if I put in the effort.
Would my low IGCSE grades make a difference if I got a high score in IB?
Original post by chanmartin82
I'm pretty sure I didn't get any A* grades for IGCSE. Most of my predicted grades were As.
Would having 4-5 A grades and a few B grades completely screw up my chances of being accepted by Oxford University?
The reason for my grades is because I wasn't really focusing on my education and didn't take it seriously enough (I revised 5 hours in total for my 9 IGCSEs).
I've had a change of heart and my teachers all say I have a decent chance of getting above 40 for IBDP if I put in the effort.
Would my low IGCSE grades make a difference if I got a high score in IB?

The best thing you can do is wait..I felt the same as you did, and when results day came, I was very surprised at myself. Bear in mind that GCSEs are only one of the many factors that Oxford use to select candidates (Tests, written work, interview, IB predicted score ect...)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending