The Student Room Group

D1 or S2 IAL

Hello,
Aris here, I am interested in studying C.S. or electronics engineering ( I'm not sure yet but smth related to technology) I've already done C1,2,3,4,m1 and s1 and currently doing physics and FP. My question is whether to do D1 or S2, apart from m2 and m3 which I'll do for sure, in order to complete 6 modules in FP ( fp1,fp2,fp3,m2,m3). I didn't really face any trouble in stats, on the contrary they were quite interesting but decision is something I must do sooner or later.. My teacher told me that in D1 it's really hard to achieve a high mark because just a small portion sits this examination so he suggests me to go with stats.. Drop me a line of what you guys think. Thanks a lot
Reply 1
Hey Aris,

In the IAL you have used all the compulsory modules except from D1 and S2 (as you can't choose from D2, S3, S4, M4 and M5). So whatever you choose, make sure you choose wisely. I'll be waiting for the opinions of others as well.
Reply 2
Original post by Arisaig
Hello,
Aris here, I am interested in studying C.S. or electronics engineering ( I'm not sure yet but smth related to technology) I've already done C1,2,3,4,m1 and s1 and currently doing physics and FP. My question is whether to do D1 or S2, apart from m2 and m3 which I'll do for sure, in order to complete 6 modules in FP ( fp1,fp2,fp3,m2,m3). I didn't really face any trouble in stats, on the contrary they were quite interesting but decision is something I must do sooner or later.. My teacher told me that in D1 it's really hard to achieve a high mark because just a small portion sits this examination so he suggests me to go with stats.. Drop me a line of what you guys think. Thanks a lot

D1 has to be the easiest maths module, but very easy to make silly mistakes that would cost a lot of marks.
S2 has some pure maths element to it compared to S1, and it's more interesting (but I still hate Stats :colondollar: ).

It wouldn't really make any difference which modules you'll choose in terms of getting an offer. Choose the one you think you'll like the most and not struggle.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending