The Student Room Group

Lying in relationships

Right
what do you think about lying in relationships?
not little white lies but actual lying, about where uve been,who with etc
is it a break-up able offence?

i need some other opinions. my bf of 10 mnths has lied to me on several occasions about where he went and who with. (cancelled on meeting up with me and then gone round to some girls house..which i found out thanks to myspace for example)
and ive had to jst accept it/ forgive him when hes been like "im sorry i wont do it again"
but recently, he told my best friend that another one of my friends "tried it on with him".
i asked him what actually happened,and basically he claimed he went off with her on his own to drink a bottle of vodka and the she was "falling around" and he "jst got that vibe". i was doubtful that this was what really went on as it doesnt really fit what i wld call trying it on with someone,especially seeing as he tld me that he had to actually say to her "i thought you were meant to be her [my] friend"...you wouldnt really say that unless it was pretty damn clear they were trying it on
he then claimed she put her head on his shoulder (while walking?!) which jst added to my disbelief as hes like 6ftand shes only 5"5 or so. so yeah i thought something fishy was going on,so i asked him straight out did u have her arm around her at all or whatever and he was like no! i wasnt touching her at all

newho i was relaying this conversation to my best friend who was there on the night (i wasnt allowed out) who then told me that in fact he did have his arm around her whe hecameback and she had his arm around his waist.
am upset but dnt no if im over-reacting..
what do u guys think?
is it reasonable to expect ur bf to admit to that? :frown: im sad

p.s sorry about the length

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Don't lie to my girl. I have no need to.
You only lie if you feel like you need to. Tread carefully.
Reply 2
JC.
Don't lie to my girl. I have no need to.
You only lie if you feel like you need to. Tread carefully.

maybe its me and the way i react to things then
i dno
erg
do u think i have a right to be annoyed
Reply 3
this guys a meany. talk to him straight and tell him your not going to messed around, he shouldent be lying to you! you deserve better.
Reply 4
you're not over reacting.

you need to be able to feel you can trust your bf and if he has lied to you on several occasions, that doesnt exactly help!

and yes it is a break up able offence. i wouldnt like to be with a guy who lied to me about things like this. its obviously a warning for worse things to come

hope it works out okay
I suppose we can accept such bad grammar from a 15-year old what with the state of this country's education.
Reply 6
matt@internet
I suppose we can accept such bad grammar from a 15-year old what with the state of this countries education.

um if that was directed at me, i thought my grammar was fine?
Reply 7
You seem as though you can't trust him as he make promises, breaks them then lies where he is. Some friends these people are letting him touch them, I would have told him to back off and stop being disrespectful to my friend. Sounds like he wants to play the field, talk to him but he seems like he is stuck in his ways.
Reply 8
sounds to me like there's something going on. He lies to you, goes round some girls house and walks around with his arm around another girl?! not only would i absolutely 100% not let my bf get away with this, i would assume he was cheating and react accordingly.
Reply 9
It is difficult to take you seriously when you comment on someone's grammar and then write 'countries'.
Lying like that destroys relationships fact, talk to him, if he can't be honest about things like that dump him.
god how old are we? 14?
He's immature - do yourself a favour and show him the door.

get some self respect together.
He is walking all over you, messing about (albeit not sexualy) with other girls and lying about it. And why would anyone who loved their lass cancel plans to see her so that they could see someone else?

If he is lying, clearly he knows that you would not like what he is getting up to. Show him the door.
I'd be very annoyed!! Sounds like something fishy is going on.
tldevil
um if that was directed at me, i thought my grammar was fine?
At the OP.
-x-Nina-x-
It is difficult to take you seriously when you comment on someone's grammar and then write 'countries'.
It's still better than the OP's.
Reply 16
lies are just stupid and worthless. noone achieves anything by lying. in a relationshiip there should be trust and honesty.
Lying in relationships can cause serious back-ache, I’d recommend a good physio, alternatively try to get a bit more exercise…
Lying is what guys do, get over it.
Anonymous
Lying is what guys do, get over it.

Why anon? Coward, cos you know you're wrong.

Don't reduce all men to your level - if you have to lie then you're a coward for not facing up to what you've done.

Latest

Trending

Trending