The Student Room Group

Teach First 2016 Cohort!

Applications for Teach First's 2016 Cohort have opened, and having not been able to find thread already for this year, I've started one up.

Who else is applying?
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm not sure where you heard about them opening today because I applied last week and received my email detailing my success in making it to the assessment centre yesterday. I'm so nervous but excited at the same time!
Original post by Carysio1
I'm not sure where you heard about them opening today because I applied last week and received my email detailing my success in making it to the assessment centre yesterday. I'm so nervous but excited at the same time!

I got the email today saying they'd opened, so made that assumption. Perhaps I just got it a little late!

Either way, congratulations on getting through to the assessment centre! Best of luck with it :smile:

What subject are you hoping for?
Reply 3
Thank you :smile:

I want to teach history, what about you?
Good luck with your application!
Original post by Carysio1
Thank you :smile:

I want to teach history, what about you?
Good luck with your application!

Primary for me. I'm an anthropology student, so not eligible for secondary teaching, and I've not enjoyed working with early years in the past. But I like the idea of teaching a whole range of subjects, and my experience with primary children has suggested they're generally manageable (I need to work on getting my assertiveness up a little bit, though!)

I've submitted mine today, so fingers crossed!
Reply 5
Original post by clonedmemories
Primary for me. I'm an anthropology student, so not eligible for secondary teaching, and I've not enjoyed working with early years in the past. But I like the idea of teaching a whole range of subjects, and my experience with primary children has suggested they're generally manageable (I need to work on getting my assertiveness up a little bit, though!)

I've submitted mine today, so fingers crossed!

Well it sounds like you've got it all planned out! I was originally going to do primary teaching but I thought I'd be able to make a bigger difference teaching something I'm actually so passionate about (aka history)
Just got my invitation for the assessment centre on the 11th August!
Reply 7
Hey! I applied to teach History for 2016 and got in! So exciting!!
Reply 8
Original post by hyunan

Wow well done to both of you!!
Is there any tips you could give us??
Reply 9
Well done everyone! I got through for the assessment centre on Wednesday - anyone going to that?!
Reply 10
To those who have been successful in the application stage, how did you find the competency-based questions? Did you do much research to answer them?
Original post by hyunan

Congrats! So did I.

How are you finding the CKA? I think the first three questions are doable but I'm struggling with the action plan.

And have you received a call from your graduate recruiter yet? I haven't, but I'm not surprised as my recruiter is pretty awful.
hey - im at the assessment centre this wednesday too, what subject/key stages are you going for? :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by Tiny Dancer
Congrats! So did I.

How are you finding the CKA? I think the first three questions are doable but I'm struggling with the action plan.

And have you received a call from your graduate recruiter yet? I haven't, but I'm not surprised as my recruiter is pretty awful.

Hey! I just tried my best thats all I could do! with the action plan I just said about how I am going to progress my knowledge etc! Its not there to catch you out! mine has rung me about six times hahaha!
Reply 14
Original post by clarinet111
hey - im at the assessment centre this wednesday too, what subject/key stages are you going for? :smile:

Primary, you?!

I am going up later today as I'm in Wales. I will attempt to work out private messaging, it would be good to meet up before to go in together!
Original post by CNic
Primary, you?!

I am going up later today as I'm in Wales. I will attempt to work out private messaging, it would be good to meet up before to go in together!

That's cool, secondary and hopefully maths!! Ok I'm in Birmingham so headig down tomorrow morning, have replied so see You tomorrow :smile:
I applied to teach Early Years on Friday night. Not heard anything yet, fingers crossed though. Although it seems they reply quite quickly to the successful ones! Congrats to everyone who has a place at the AC.
Reply 17
Original post by CNic
Primary, you?!

Where in Wales are you from? I'm from Swansea :smile:
Reply 18
Original post by hyunan
Where in Wales are you from? I'm from Swansea :smile:

I got in! I'm originally from Pembs, living in Chepstow atm 😊
Anybody heard back from the Teach First Assessment centre that was on Wednesday? Really starting to think it's a no now :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending