The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

17 at freshers

Hey so I'm starting Aberdeen uni this year and I'm not 18 until December which obvs means I won't be 18 for Freshers so what does this mean for me? Anyone else going this year the same? I'm kind of worried bc I've looked at loads of threads and some are all like yeah it's chilled no ID needed and others are saying some clubs ask for 2 forms of ID and are super strict even involving police at times.

Is there anyone who was at freshers last year who had the same prob and has a way to get around it bc that would be really great bc I don't want to be the guy left behind at halls bc they have no ID for clubs.
You should probably speak to someone from the uni. I knew people who were 17 during freshers and weren't allowed because they didn't have ID. So not only were they not allowed in actual clubs/bars in town they also missed out on freshers. I honestly think uni's like that should change their rules. If a 17 year old has been accepted to the uni they should be allowed entry to any event held there.
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen
Reply 2
I dont know how freshers works exactly but ive been out in Aberdeen before and you wont get into any bars or clubs without proper ID, and yes they do sometimes ask for two.
It may be the case that if your flatmates are drinking and have pre-drinks in the flat you may be able to drink with them as long as they're willing to risk with supplying you with alcohol, though you'll also have to be wary of anyone monitoring the halls.

Its not the end of the world though from what I gather there'll be events on during the day at freshers which you can go to with your flatmates to get to know them that don't involve drinking.
I know it probably feels kind of sucky but you willl be able to join in after Christmas and you can do freshers again next year as well. Its may not be worth the trouble you can get into trying to sneak into places underage or the trouble others could get into for supplying someone whose underage with alcohol.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending