The Student Room Group

need to ask a question for co-op employees

Ive recently been offered a job at my local coop store for 10.5 hours a week, but its the summer and i really don't have anything to do and I'm planning on travelling next summer, but i need quite a bit of money first. My question is how much overtime can you do? the closing time is always at least 11 hours before the next opening time so i won't be breaking the law if i worked as much as possible, but is it possible to ask to work from opening to closing daily until the end of august then i drop down to less hours?
Reply 1
Original post by corey7695
Ive recently been offered a job at my local coop store for 10.5 hours a week, but its the summer and i really don't have anything to do and I'm planning on travelling next summer, but i need quite a bit of money first. My question is how much overtime can you do? the closing time is always at least 11 hours before the next opening time so i won't be breaking the law if i worked as much as possible, but is it possible to ask to work from opening to closing daily until the end of august then i drop down to less hours?

bump
Reply 2
Ask your manager. Hours are pretty tight so it's unlikely you could get much more.
Reply 3
Am a coop employee, during summer there is usually a lot of overtime.

It all depends on you store, some stores have 50 hours a week overtime some stores have none.

Typically if you want overtime you should get it.

I am contracted to do 16 hours but I do 39 a week.

The maximum coop will do is 39 hours.

The max shift you will probably get is 8 hours

If you have your availability as fully flexible you are most likely going to pick up shifts.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by moyles

It all depends on you store, some stores have 50 hours a week overtime some stores have none.

If you have your availability as fully flexible you are most likely going to pick up shifts.

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks guys, ill ask the manager as the other guy said, and see how many i can get. 39 a week would be ideal for the next few weeks for me so thanks for the heads up
Reply 5
Original post by moyles

Posted from TSR Mobile

Another question, for your induction what did you do and wear? got my first day tomorrow

Quick Reply

Latest