The Student Room Group

A day in the life of a Ravensbourne Digital Film Production student

Joe Richardson
Graduated in 2015
BA (Hons) Digital Film Production

In Year 2 of the course we undertook a Directing unit. For this unit we could either pick a scene from an existing film and reimagine it or create an imagined scene. I chose to pick a scene from Good Will Hunting. I decided to go outside my comfort zone and push my self by recreating one of the most dramatic, and toughest scenes in the film. Whilst I considered myself as a ‘technical’ director, I didn’t know how to direct actors. The unit really taught me a number of techniques to use to help actors carry out their best performance. We also learnt how to direct and market for current and emerging platforms such as interactive media and content specifically designed for an online presence. I undertook a lot of independent study - something that’s really encouraged at Ravensbourne and my lecturers were really helpful and full of advice.

Thanks for reading!

If you have any questions, just ask :biggrin:
Christopher Chucky
Second year student
Digital Film Production

During my second year, I created a short film called Broken Eden for one of my Directing unit. In this unit, I had to create a scene or write a script from scratch. I had to make sure that I understood the shots inside and out to understand the characters, not to mention how to take on directing specific section of the scene. I already had a vision on what the scene would turned out so I had one on one meetings with my lecturer to ask for guidance and to give feedbacks to improve my work. Then it’s developed till I get a crew and bring the crew together to film the scene.

Click here to visit the website.

/

Thank you for reading and don't hesitate to ask questions :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest