The Student Room Group
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website

What to look forward to at Brunel? Tell me something new about the university

1. As a new post graduate student, what are the things that Brunel is well known for.
2. Is there a substantial price difference if I choose on campus accommodation over outside accommodation. Which is the best hall?
3. Reveal something about the university which freshers would never have known
Hi Shakrocks,

I saw that you had asked some questions about Brunel so I thought I would try and answer them as best I can.

Brunel has previously been known for having exceptional Engineering facilities (as we are named after "one of the 19th century engineering giants") however now we are also developing in lots of different areas. Our Physiotherapy course was voted number 1 in London and we have many courses that are accredited by professional bodies so you will be ready for work once you graduate.
We are also well known for having fantastic sports facilities, including those used by Bolt and Blake ahead of the 2012 Olympics, as well as some Commonwealth Games athletes and we hosted the 2012 Canadian Paralympic team :smile:

As for accommodation, it really depends on what you're looking for, we have 33 halls on campus with both standard and en-suite rooms, so there is something for everyone, or we have a Housing Office that can help you find off-campus accommodation - if you have a look here there is some more information: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=1921-Brunel-University-London-accommodation

Something about Brunel that freshers might not know is that we have an amazing Media Teaching Centre, stocked with around 80 cameras, multiple lighting rigs, 12 video editing suites and a green room - trained professionals are on hand to train students on how to use this equipment and it can be used either for academic or personal projects. Whether you need to do a presentation for your course or you are a budding Journalist, the facilities can help you hone your skills and create some professional level work :smile:

And if that isn't to your taste we have over 100 societies and 50 sports clubs so there's bound to be something that you'll enjoy. Take a look at www.brunelstudents.com.

Hope this answers your questions - if you have any others don't hesitate to get in contact.

- Gemma
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website
Is it true all the facilities are open to all students, for example i've heard you can learn a musical instrument? Is this expensive? Thx
Hi Eskimo_Rising,

You've heard right - we have loads of amazing facilities at Brunel and as a student you can access all of them, from our free language classes, to our newly refurbished gym.

We do have an Arts Centre that runs classes in pottery, arts and crafts, musical instruments and singing.

If you'd like to learn an instrument there are a few classes on offer, whether you're a beginner starting out or a seasoned performer looking to get back into it.

Prices vary for the courses, which tend to run for 10 weeks at a time during term, and you can purchase Arts Centre membership that gives you a discount on some classes. All of the information about the Arts Centre facilities is here: http://www.brunel.ac.uk/services/artscentre.

Hope this helps :smile:
- Gemma

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending