The Student Room Group

Why do some people get offended so easily?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel
Some respect is earned, but some is automatic.

I respect your right to hold an opinion, doesn't mean I have to respect you for having said opinion.
Original post by Need2Study4Exam
These people who get offended at everything are self centered. I'm imagining this person who places no value in the progression of society.

It's just like a forum. Some mods have this idea where if they ban every member who offend others, they create a better culture. It actually creates an environment which has no entertainment and regressive.

Completely agree, I don't see what people gain from being so sensitive tbh
If you are offended by ANYTHING on the internet, you are a lesser being. I can understand being offended by things in real life, but I mean come on, getting offended and 'triggered' by stuff over the internet?
Original post by localblackguy
Completely agree, I don't see what people gain from being so sensitive tbh
I think it's a very deep issue, and tin foil hat is pointing to this being a political thing. I think it's a part of the political correctness agenda the liberals want us to have. Either way, it certainly is the downfall of society when we are more concerned about what people say than what people do.
Original post by Need2Study4Exam
I think it's a very deep issue, and tin foil hat is pointing to this being a political thing. I think it's a part of the political correctness agenda the liberals want us to have. Either way, it certainly is the downfall of society when we are more concerned about what people say than what people do.

I'd say it's mainly this, but also because of kids being more mollycoddled nowadays than in previous generations which cause some of them to develop special snowflake complexes and think that everything has to please them or it's wrong.

Some people.. :frown:
Because they usually have an agenda to push.

Quick Reply

Latest