The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Schmokie Dragon
To be fair to the lass, she didn't ask him to come. It isn't her fault that he felt more strongly about her than she did about him. What was she supposed to do when he turned up in the UK, say "sorry, go away, I changed my mind"? She has accomodated him for a long time and now she has realised that it isn't working. If he moved all the way over here for what was a internet relationship, putting all his eggs in one basket and expecting it to work perfectly, then he was just as naive as her.

There is no way this guy could have simply appeared on her doorstep without giving her prior notice. It is illogical. Be the guy for a second, would he really travel around the world without asking her if that was ok, and then insist on living together? He would have no idea how she would respond... He might even end up stranding himself in a foreign country. Therefore she must have been told about his plans. She may not have asked him to come but she didn't prevent him from coming either. Then you could argue that OP 'thought' she was in love with this guy, hence agreeing to live together - bringing the idea of naiveness (is that a word? lol) or some other reason [to which i wont speculate on]. And one last thing, this guy sounds more genuine than the OP...

And don't reply back, because i'm going to have to draw upon the idea of the guy being as much a 'victim' of sorts as the OP... and that will not help the OP.

Latest

Trending

Trending