The Student Room Group

English Lit vs Psychology

Hello everyone, I need some advice on my course. I'm currently studying English lit however I'm not too passionate about it, its alright and I don't enjoy it that much, I chose to study it in uni because I liked it at a levels and I didnt know what else to choose. I was always quite interested in psychology but i never knew much about it to do it in uni in case I would hate it and english lit is a much more broad degree. However I still feel stuck not knowing whether to change my course of finish with english lit. Oh im going to be in my 3rd year this yearAny advice would be great thank you!
Reply 1
Psychology is an interesting course, it provides furher understanding for the human mind. However, depending on institutions one is in, the workload may require experiments which might be more than what eng lit would. Eng lit is more about Artistic value and creativity. Psychology is practical and critical thinking. The question you should ask yourself is will passion and interest be sufficient to take up on course such as psychology? Psychology will not be easy nor difficult, it depends on how one take it, but the workload is heavier than eng lit. Therefore, I suggest you to consider where your strength is best at.

And dear, i am not trying to demotivate you on psychology course. Psychology is an interesting course which require commitment and dedication. It will be such a waste to stop halfway if one cant stand the pressure in psychology.

Anyway, good luck and all the best for your future endeavor.

Quick Reply

Latest