The Student Room Group

Work at Optician?

I turn 16 in October, and I want to look for a job. Obviously.

As I want to go into optometry, I was thinking about trying to find work at an opticians? Obviously, I know it'd be a Saturday job where I'd probably be filing things or whatever, IF I happened to find a job, but: does anyone know if getting a job at 16 at an optician is possible? Would I be better off trying the independent optician, or high street brands? I've heard Specsavers and Vision Express offer 16 year olds jobs, but I don't really know?
Pretty sure you'll need experience for optical assistant positions. Better off going independent and explain your looking for a Saturday job as the big brand stores will more than likely require you to be available over Monday to Sunday,
Original post by SonicOfPron
Pretty sure you'll need experience for optical assistant positions. Better off going independent and explain your looking for a Saturday job as the big brand stores will more than likely require you to be available over Monday to Sunday,

I have 2 weeks experience! Psht, they're missing out. But yes, I see what you mean. Thank you! :smile:
I'm in exactly the same situation now. Did you manage to do work at an opticians in the end?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending