The Student Room Group

Lived in England but not anymore, do I qualify for student loan?

Hi my name is Luna, I will give you a quick sum up of what my education has been like:
I am Danish, I moved to England when I was 9 and went to English school for 6 years until I was 15, I then moved back to Denmark for a year and then moved to Greece where I currently am, I am to start school here in Greece in September and finish in 3 years. My mother still lives in England and has for over 7 years now.
I don't know if I qualify for student loans if I move back with my mother when wanting to attend uni and has that as my resident. I will have my grades from Greece so I don't know if that plays a part too? If you have to have A levels from England to qualify for student loan.

I would love it if you could help me in any way, explain how it works or something like that. I'm trying everything to be able to get student loans, if they count me as a foreigner I will have to pay 20,000 euros and no student loan, that is going to be extremely difficult if not impossible for me to do.

Thank you
Since you are an EU citizen and you have been resident in the EU for three years, you can get a tuition fee loan if you go to university in England, Wales or Northern Ireland, or you can get a tuition fee grant if you go to university in Scotland. You would not be charged the overseas student fee rate.

There is not any living cost funding available from the government for EU students, however.
Reply 2
That is great to hear thank you very much for your help!

Do you perhaps know how you qualify to get living cost funding as well, you need to be British citizen ?
Original post by Lunarmai
That is great to hear thank you very much for your help!

Do you perhaps know how you qualify to get living cost funding as well, you need to be British citizen ?

If your mother is working in the UK and carrys on working you can apply as the child of a migrant worker for a maintenance loan too. Or you can work in the UK yourself to qualify as a migrant worker. Otherwise you need to have lived in the UK for the 3 years immediately prior to starting your degree.
Reply 4
Okay, thank you very much for your help!
The 3 years you have to live in England prior to starting your course, have to be reasons other than purely obtaining education.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending