The Student Room Group

Formal letter question - please answer

I made such a pathetic mistake in my exam - I forgot Dear editor and yours faithfully. (Couldn't get much worse)

This is how I structured my answer

My Address. Their address.

Intro to letter

Paragraph 1

Paragraph 2

Paragraph 3

Paragraph 4

Conclusion

It was out of 20 marks.13 for Content. 7 for Spag. What would be the maximum I would be able to achieve?

Answers would be much appreciated.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Kieran26199
I made such a pathetic mistake in my exam - I forgot Dear editor and yours faithfully. (Couldn't get much worse)

This is how I structured my answer

My Address. Their address.

Intro to letter

Paragraph 1

Paragraph 2

Paragraph 3

Paragraph 4

Conclusion

It was out of 20 marks.13 for Content. 7 for Spag. What would be the maximum I would be able to achieve?

Answers would be appreciated.

I really wouln't lose too much sleep over it, you may get penalised for it as a mistake but they aren't going to decimate your points over it, content is what they're really looking for as long as you've got that down you'll be fine!
seriously in my GCSE maths exam I missed the entire centre fold pages of questions and I still got an A. your mistake is no where near that bad! don't worry about it you cant get penalised for a mistake more than once you may lose one or two marks for that but that isnt even enough to bring you down a whole grade.
it's done now but personally I'd say as long as your content was good you'll be fine!

Quick Reply

Latest