The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
i see what you mean, you do have a long time to go - could you not switch to another subject you enjoy more??

or have you considered doing a degree with the OU whilst working?
Reply 21
x.narb.x
You know I was in a similar position as you this time last year - I left and now I'm a trainee accountant, sure, there are better jobs around, and better paid jobs, but I enjoy what I do now(as opposed to the 2 utterly ****e years I had at Uni) and I have pretty decent prospects for the future - if you're good enough theres nothing to stop you doing what you wanna do, its all in your hands.

You could do a degree again in a few years, if you really want to, or you might be satisfied with the path you chose.

Either way, doing something you hate and getting nothing out of it isn't productive at all.

i am in the London and have tried to find work in the City, but to no luck, i mean sure there are petty office juniors etc i mean with no expierence you wont really get far, im having trouble finding a job just for my "gap year" and its proving difficult. although i have had an interview, not too sure how that went!
Reply 22
but in reality if you got not much expierence, a degree and an internship for expierence during summer, will put you in a better position, i mean i dont know many people without degrees who are high earners which is a shame, but generally im not surprised, people who go to uni put themselves through type of "training" i think!
Reply 23
When I graduated I found I was under-experienced for the jobs I was qualified for and over-qualified for those jobs needing less experience. I'd stop and get some work experience, then do you're degree later. That way you get the opportunity to try different jobs/industries and figure out what you want to do AND you're experienced when you graduate.

Don't worry too much about your brother knowing what he wants to do already. He has plenty of time to get lost, confused and change his mind!
Reply 24
have you considered just finishing the year and then taking a year out? It's so close to exam time already anyway and that way the last few months of studying won't have gone to nothing if you decide to go back to uni.

Latest

Trending

Trending